As an industry leader in
Highlights / Key Facts
- With an initial investment of
$85.3 million( S$116.6 million), the first phase of SG4 will provide more than 45,400 square feet (approximately 4,220 square meters) of colocation space, offering an initial capacity of 1,400 cabinets. The facility is planned to accommodate more than 4,000 cabinets at full build out, with a total colocation space of more than 132,180 square feet (approximately 12,280 square meters).
- The new SG4 will be strategically situated at the East of
Singaporein one of the country's five data center clusters — Tai Seng Industrial Estate— providing location diversity from the three existing Equinix IBX data centers in Singapore.
- Directly connected to the three existing Equinix IBX data centers in Singapore via low-latency dark fiber links, the new SG4 IBX will enable customers to securely interconnect with approximately 600 companies from different industries, including financial services, cloud services, biomedical sciences, IT, communications, media, physical sciences and engineering. This also includes a broad range of network services from more than 200 global networks and more than 150 cloud and IT service providers.
- Today, the three Equinix IBX data centers in
Singaporecomprise more than 445,000 square feet (41,400 square meters) of colocation space. In Q3 2018, Equinixannounced the completion of an expansion of the SG3 IBX data center in Singaporethat nearly doubled the size of the facility.
- As part of
Equinix'scommitment to its long-term goal of using 100% clean and renewable energy and lowering its carbon footprint for its global platform, the Equinix SG1 IBX data center is BCA-IDA Green Mark certified, while the SG2 and SG3 IBX data centers have received the GoldPLUS and Platinum awards, respectively.
- SG4 will also provide software-defined interconnection through Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric™ (ECX Fabric™) to more than 1,300 businesses including some of the largest cloud service providers (CSP) among them
Alibaba Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud and TencentCloud. Customers can use the ECX Fabric APIs or portal to find and connect to the aggregation of companies and ecosystems at Equinixon demand, locally or in other metro areas. This includes on-demand connectivity to ECX Fabric customers globally and in the Asia-Pacific region, including Australia( Sydney, Melbourneand Perth), Hong Kongand Japan( Tokyoand Osaka).
- Currently, the global footprint of Platform Equinix spans 200 IBX data centers across 52 markets and 24 countries, providing data center and interconnection services for more than 9,800 of the world's leading businesses. In
Asia-Pacific, Equinixhas 40 IBX data centers across key metros including Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japanand Singapore.
Nishchal Khorana, Director, Digital Transformation Practice, Frost & Sullivan
Equinixhas been investing significantly in provisioning effective interconnection solutions for enterprises, enabling them to deploy a distributed IT infrastructure at the edge and privately connect with the centralized IT core. With the expansion in Singapore, Equinix'spresence in the region is becoming even more significant as it pushes its footprint beyond regional hubs to national edge metros."
Samuel Lee, President, Equinix Asia-Pacific
"At the heart of digital business in
Asia-Pacific, Singaporeis a crucial hub for many organizations in the region, generating skyrocketing demand for cloud and interconnection services. With interconnection accelerating across the Asia-Pacific region, the new SG4 IBX data center will create more opportunities for businesses, both locally and regionally, to interconnect with their customers, partners and stakeholders to achieve digital success, further enhancing the digital economies across Singaporeand the region."
- Equinix SG4 IBX Technical Specifications [website]
- Equinix Singapore Data Centers [website]
- Equinix Data Centers in
- ECX Fabric Datasheet [website]
- Expanding Our Footprint in
Asia-Pacific'sDigital Hub – Singapore[blog] Equinixto Complete the Expansion of its Largest Data Centerin Asia-Pacific[press release]
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centers and developing, deploying and delivering
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-invests-85-million-to-build-fourth-data-center-in-singapore-300773330.html
Media Contact (Global), David Fonkalsrud, +1 (650) 598-6240, email@example.com; Media Contact (Asia-Pacific), Annie Ho, +852 2970-7761, firstname.lastname@example.org; Media Contact (Singapore), Camy Cheng, LEWIS, +65 6571 9156, equinixSG@teamlewis.com; Investor Relations Contacts, Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, email@example.com; Chip Newcom, +1 (650) 598-6262, firstname.lastname@example.org