Digital disruption is affecting the M&E industry at an ever-accelerating pace – changing the way that content is created, enhanced, transported, stored and distributed. To embrace this disruption, M&E companies need to transform their infrastructure, from fixed and siloed to integrated and dynamic with interconnection at the forefront of their IT decision making. Global businesses, including media and entertainment companies, are increasingly leveraging colocation data centers to distribute their digital infrastructure across multiple geographies, and closer to the edge, to solve these challenges while also optimizing their IT for cloud-based offerings.
Components of the EMCEE ecosystem that enable this transformation include
Highlights / Key Facts
- Today's consumers expect reliable, on-demand access to bandwidth-heavy digital content such as video, apps and online games. To meet consumer expectation, digital media and entertainment companies need an interconnected neutral ecosystem of content companies, advertising networks and content delivery services, accessible via secure, direct connections.
- As media becomes commoditized in the digital era, new business models are increasingly focused on innovation and efficiency across the production cycle – and value creation at the point of engagement, where end-users expect high quality service on every device, all the time, everywhere. To capture the opportunity, businesses are streamlining production workflows, reducing time and cost, and expanding distribution capabilities to tap into billions of smart TVs and devices around the globe.
- Built on Interconnection Oriented Architecture™ (IOA™), EMCEE efficiently improves network and application performance, security and end-user satisfaction. IOA directly and securely interconnects clouds, networks, business ecosystems and data at the edge, providing virtual control and transparency across the world's most globally interconnected data centers, within the largest cloud and network provider-neutral marketplaces.
Equinixglobal interconnection platform also provides media and entertainment companies with industry leading solutions including Equinix Cloud Exchange which provides direct access major cloud service providers including AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure and Office 365 and IBM Softlayer in 21 markets globally, and Equinix Performance Hub™ and Equinix Data Hub™ which help develop faster, more efficient content creation workflows. Equinixwill be presenting EMCEE at the IBC 2016 Conference and Exhibition in Amsterdamfrom September 9-13at booth B25, Hall 3.
Jason Peterson, CEO, ContentBridge:
"Ultimately, the relationship with
Equinixwill allow ContentBridge to bring advanced digital supply chain solutions directly to the content, wherever the content owner chooses to maintain the digital library." Ammar Hares, COO, Selevision:
Equinixcreates the platform for us to grow our business worldwide which means we're faster to market with content and it reduces our costs." Mark Harrison, managing director, Digital Production Partnership:
"More and more sectors are under pressure to offer real-time, or near-real-time services, and the media sector is no different. Speed, efficiency, flexibility and security are fast becoming essential for media businesses, and interconnected cloud services can offer all of these. The DPP believes services such as these will revolutionize the media industry in the next few years."
Tony Bishop, vice president, Equinix:
"Disruption is creating opportunity and risk in the media and entertainment industry. Businesses are realizing they need increased performance, agility and efficiency in their digital supply chain if they are to drive innovation. EMCEE enables a new global standard for production and distribution where these opportunities can be fully realized."
- Connecting the New Digital Media Ecosystem [info paper]
- IOA for EMCEE [white paper]
- ContentBridge Customer Success Story
- Selevision Customer Success Story
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-introduces-the-media-cloud-ecosystem-for-the-entertainment-industry-300324467.html
Equinix Press Contacts, Liam Rose (EMEA), +44 (0) 207 618 9602, email@example.com OR Michelle Lindeman (Americas), +1 (650) 598-6361, firstname.lastname@example.org OR Angelika Tam (APAC), +852 2970 7761, email@example.com OR Equinix Investor Relations Contacts, Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, firstname.lastname@example.org OR Paul Thomas, +1 (650) 598-6442, email@example.com