Equinix to Extend Customer Access to Alibaba Cloud in 17 Markets
As a key enabler of digital transformation, cloud has been heavily adopted by multinational enterprises as they seek to modernize and mobilize their IT systems. According to Gartner, IaaS is expected to reach
In view of increasing market demand,
AlibabaCloud provides a comprehensive suite of cloud computing services to businesses worldwide, which include Elastic Compute Service, Storage, Relational Databases, Big Data Solution and CDN. Its rich and diverse ecosystem ranges from e-commerce and payments, to logistics and supply chain management solutions. Alibaba Group'smarket share in the global IaaS market climbed to 9.1% in 2019, up from 7.7% in 2018, according to Gartner.3 To support its growing international business, AlibabaCloud distributes its IT infrastructure on Platform Equinixin 17 metros across the Americas, Asia-Pacificand EMEA:
- Nine American metros: Chicago,
Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Seattle, Silicon Valleyand Washington D.C.
Asia-Pacificmetros: Hong Kong, Jakarta, Singapore, Sydneyand Tokyo
- Three EMEA metros:
Dubai, Frankfurtand London AlibabaCloud's API integration with ECX Fabric enables seamless, streamlined access for customers. Enterprises can establish a secure connection between their network and AlibabaCloud through a single portal in minutes. This allows enterprises to maintain private clouds and manage sensitive data within Equinix IBX data centers in proximity to AlibabaCloud, while taking advantage of its flexibility, scalability and cost-savings benefits.
- As global IT decision-makers respond to an increasingly dynamic world, many are accelerating their digital transformation efforts and continuing to prioritize the adoption of hybrid multicloud solutions. Platform
Equinixhas more than 40% of the public cloud on-ramps in markets where it operates, which is the highest share in the world, making it essential for any enterprise deploying hybrid multicloud at the edge.
- Available in more than 170 International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers across 45 metros, ECX Fabric is an on-demand, SDN-enabled interconnection service that allows any business to connect between its own distributed infrastructure, and that of any of its 2,100 users, including the world's largest network service and cloud providers, on Platform Equinix.
- Direct and private connectivity to strategic cloud service providers is essential as digital transformation fuels higher demand for localized digital services at the edge. According to the Global Interconnection Index (GXI) Volume 3, a market study published by
Equinix, interconnecting to multiple clouds and IT services across multiple edge locations and cloud regions represents the next largest and fastest use of interconnection bandwidth and is predicted to grow 13x by 2022.
- Shunmin Zhu, Researcher of Network Products,
Royce Thomas, Senior Vice President, Global Account Management, Equinix
"We are glad to deepen our collaboration with
Equinix Partnerswith AlibabaCloud to Deliver Greater Cloud Connectivity [release]
- Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric [website]
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centres and developing, deploying and delivering
1 Gartner - Market Share: IT Services Worldwide 2019,
2 Gartner - Forecast: Public Cloud Services, Worldwide, 2018-2024, 1Q20 Update,
3 Gartner - Market Share: IT Services Worldwide 2019,
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-to-extend-customer-access-to-alibaba-cloud-in-17-markets-301089528.html
Equinix Media Contact (Global), David Fonkalsrud, Equinix, +1 650-598-6240, firstname.lastname@example.org Equinix Media Contact (Asia-Pacific), Annie Ho, Equinix, +852 2970-7761, email@example.com, Equinix Investor Relations, Katrina Rymill, +1 650-598-6583, firstname.lastname@example.org, Chip Newcom, +1 650-598-6262, email@example.com