Equinix scored five out of five—the highest rating—on its first response to the DPP's Committed to Sustainability survey. On average, participating companies receive scores of two out of five.
To achieve the top rating, Equinix was assessed against a set of key environmental measures, and was required to demonstrate its commitment to, and progress against, energy use, waste and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions-related key performance indicators, as well as its efforts to green the CDM industry. This achievement highlights
Sustainability continues to be a priority for
Enterprises are increasingly accelerating their digital transformation programs to reduce their own environmental impact, while addressing growing digital demands. This shift is leading to increased cloud adoption, supported by Equinix Fabric™. The interconnection service offers virtual connections to some of the world's largest cloud providers via Platform Equinix®. CDM companies such as Red Bee Media—a sponsor of the DPP's Committed to Sustainability program—use Platform Equinix to directly and securely connect in real time with multiple cloud service providers to deliver high-quality, innovative services, locally and worldwide.
Through its global platform, Equinix supports enterprises across several vertical markets—including content and digital media providers, financial services, transportation, healthcare and retail—to adapt to change and leverage digital ecosystems to meet sustainability requirements. Customers can attest to their renewable energy coverage within Equinix data centers by referencing customized Equinix Green Power Reports.
Further details on
- The DPP's Committed to Sustainability program offers a practical tool for CDM organizations and suppliers to assess their progress against key environmental measures, providing a common framework for procurement teams to assess the environmental impact of their suppliers. It also allows CDM organizations to demonstrate their commitment to continuous improvement in this area.
- Red Bee Media—a leading global managed media services company and Equinix customer—is one of the sponsors of the DPP's Committed to Sustainability program. Headquartered in
London, with 2,500 media experts in Europe, the Middle East, Asia-Pacificand North America, Red Beeis deployed in Equinix data centers in Amsterdam, Helsinkiand London.
- As the world's digital infrastructure company, Equinix is working to protect, connect and power a more sustainable digital world, by proactively addressing its ESG impacts. Equinix is recognized as an industry leader in renewable energy and is protecting the planet and climate by committing to reaching 100% clean and renewable energy across its global platform. In 2019, Equinix achieved over 90% renewable energy use, totaling 5,250 GWh, up from 34% in 2015. The company's renewable energy efforts have driven down its carbon footprint by 60% since 2015, even as
Equinix'soverall data center footprint and energy consumption doubled from 2,600 GWh in 2015 to ~5,740 GWh in 2019.
- Platform Equinix is home to more than 1,800 networks, 2,900 cloud and IT service providers, and approximately 3,000 enterprises, providing access to nearly 10,000 businesses around the world in rich vertical ecosystems. This allows CDM companies to partner with key network service providers and next-generation platforms.
Mark Harrison, CEO, DPP:
"We're delighted that Equinix has joined an increasing number of companies that are demonstrating their fantastic commitment to building an environmentally sustainable media industry. Achieving a five out of five score makes them a role model for our industry, helping us all to drive towards continuous improvement and good practice."
- Edward Odevall, Chief Commercial Officer, Red Bee Media:
"As an industry we need to work together to make sure sustainability is a key priority now, and in the future, which is why
Red Beeis a proud sponsor of the DPP Committed to Sustainability program. We are always looking to cooperate with suppliers and partners who actively pursue sustainable ways of working, and it is encouraging to see that it is a growing trend. Congratulations to Equinix for joining the initiative and for its great score." Jennifer Ruch, Director of Sustainability and ESG, Equinix:
"At Equinix, we believe we have the responsibility to protect our collective future. This is why we continually seek opportunities with like-minded organizations to advance our global sustainability goals across the areas of energy, renewable energy, and design and operational innovation. Achieving the DPP's Committed to Sustainability mark is a result of these efforts, as our data centers help enable the world's leading businesses to reach their own sustainability goals."
Matt George, Director of Segment Marketing, EMEA, Equinix:
"As we work to support digital leaders in the CDM industry, we are harnessing the power of technology and interconnection to help create a more sustainable future. We are proud to work with industry organizations and their members who are committed to the same responsible values as Equinix. To be awarded the DPP mark with the top score is inspiring."
- Content and Digital Media – Digital Edge Playbook [e-book]
- Content is Still King, but Interconnection Holds the Keys to the Realm [blog]
- Equinix 2019-20
Global Tech Trends Survey[e-book]
- Global Interconnection Index, Volume 4 [market report]
Red Bee Mediais using Equinix to Expand Access to Its Content Distribution Platform [blog]
- Learn more about Equinix Fabric™ [website]
- Learn more about
Equinix'sGlobal Sustainability Program [website]
- Learn more about how Equinix is working with Content Delivery Systems [website]
Equinix (Nasdaq: EQIX) is the world's digital infrastructure company, enabling digital leaders to harness a trusted platform to bring together and interconnect the foundational infrastructure that powers their success. Equinix enables today's businesses to access all the right places, partners and possibilities they need to accelerate advantage. With Equinix, they can scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences and multiply their value.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX® data centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix products and solutions; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenues from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; a failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; risks related to our taxation as a REIT; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix filings with the
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-earns-dpp-committed-to-sustainability-mark-301172693.html
Equinix Media Contacts: Michelle Lindeman (Americas), +1 (650) 598-6361, email@example.com; Annie Ho (Asia-Pacific), +852 2970-7761, firstname.lastname@example.org; Jess Sullivan (EMEA), +44 7876 712861, Jess.Sullivan@eu.equinix.com; Equinix Investor Relations: Katrina Rymill, +1 650-598-6583, email@example.com; Chip Newcom, +1 650-598-6262, firstname.lastname@example.org