Equinix Completes Acquisition of Bare Metal Leader Packet
As a part of the
By leveraging Packet's innovative and developer-oriented bare metal service offering to accelerate its organic bare metal solution development,
- As enterprises today embrace digital transformation and adopt hybrid multicloud and edge architectures as the modern digital infrastructure of choice, the most forward-thinking organizations are increasingly recognizing the need for speed, agility, control and flexibility when managing their hybrid multicloud workloads.
- Bare metal is a new category of digital infrastructure, enabling businesses to deploy workloads on secure, single-tenant hardware, distributed geographically for proximity and performance. Focused on hardware-only automation, bare metal allows companies to select and deploy their own choice of operating system or virtualization software in hybrid multicloud environments. A proven leader in bare metal automation, Packet's proprietary technology automates physical servers and networks without the use of virtualization or multitenancy.
- Bare Metal as a Service allows companies to rapidly deploy physical infrastructure at the edge. With a combined
Equinixand Packet solution, enterprises and service providers can gain the agility and flexibility they need to build and deploy low-latency services at the edge either through their choice of owned physical deployments, or by utilizing the combined offering, which leverages as-a-service consumption to reduce CAPEX and resource requirements.
Equinix'scloud partners, an Equinixbare metal offering will also help accelerate global hybrid cloud deployments and increase enterprise consumption of their cloud services by reducing the time to market for deployments and enabling new use cases that require both public cloud and private infrastructure.
Ivo Rook, SVP of IoT at Sprint
Equinixand Packet together create a unique infrastructure to execute our vision for Curiosity: A scalable IoT platform for business that is not only secure but also developer-friendly, partner-driven, globally available and interconnected to everything. We believe this formula is the only way to succeed in a software-driven world, and we're excited to continue our expansion with both Equinixand Packet." Eric Hanselman, Chief Analyst, 451 Research
"As businesses around the world continue to digitally transform in order to gain competitive advantage, we've seen a rise in adoption for hybrid multicloud architectures as the infrastructure model of choice. A mix of on-premises, private cloud and multiple public clouds into one seamless, global infrastructure is essential for optimizing different applications and workloads on a global scale. Bare metal automation simplifies the hardware ownership requirements for private cloud deployments, and allows companies to select and deploy their own choice of operating system or virtualization software that best fits within their unique hybrid multicloud environments."
Zachary Smith, Managing Director of Bare Metal, Equinix
"We started Packet to help make infrastructure a competitive advantage for the leading companies of the world. As part of
Equinix, we're excited to take the next step on our journey and accelerate that vision globally. In my new role, I look forward to leading our combined bare metal efforts and leveraging the unique strengths of both Packet and Equinixto help digital businesses seamlessly deploy on Platform Equinix." Sara Baack, Chief Product Officer, Equinix
"The Packet acquisition represents a bold move to accelerate our strategy for helping enterprises quickly and seamlessly deploy hybrid multicloud architectures on Platform Equinix. By combining Packet's innovative and agile bare metal automation technology with our dynamic data center and interconnection platform, we can offer our customers an alternate, agile way to deploy and consume private digital infrastructure. This approach will make it easier for our customers to extract greater value from our rich ecosystems, superior global reach and the interconnection platform."
EquinixChief Product Officer Sara Baack Discusses Packet Bare Metal Acquisition [blog] Equinixto Acquire Bare Metal Leader Packet [press release]
- Learn more about Platform Equinix [website]
- Learn more about Packet [website]
- Global Interconnection Index Vol. 3 – [report]
- Gartner – Exploring the Edge: 12 Frontiers of Edge Computing – [analyst report]
This press release contains forward-looking statements which are based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements, including statements related to the acquisition of Packet and the expected benefits from the acquisition. When used in this document, the words "anticipates," "can," "will," "look forward to," "expected," and similar expressions and any other statements that are not historical facts are intended to identify those assertions as forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the possibility that the anticipated benefits from the acquisition cannot be fully realized or may take longer to realize than expected; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of data centers or companies we have acquired or will acquire into
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-completes-acquisition-of-bare-metal-leader-packet-301014928.html
Equinix Media Contact (Global), David Fonkalsrud, +1 (650) 598-6240, email@example.com, or Investor Relations Contacts, Katrina Rymill, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Chip Newcom, +1 650-598-6262, email@example.com