Equinixhas more AWS Direct Connect onramps than any other data center provider. With the addition of São Paulo and Miami, AWS Direct Connect is available to customers in Equinix IBX data centers across 24 strategic markets including Amsterdam, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, Helsinki, Los Angeles, London, Madrid, Manchester, Munich, New York, Osaka, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Warsawand Washington, D.C.
- The ability to directly connect to cloud service providers, such as AWS, is becoming increasingly important for enterprise CIOs in the Latin American region as digital transformation fuels the need for virtualized, on-demand, provider-based services.
- Within the São Paulo metro, the Equinix IBX data centers serve as a main financial, corporate and mercantile hub for enterprises in
Braziland throughout South America. Currently, customers in the São Paulo metro and Rio de Janeirometro are able to connect to AWS Direct Connect via cross connect, while São Paulo customers will now be able to connect to AWS Direct Connect via cross connect and via ECX Fabric.
- Equinix IBX data centers within the
Miamimetro, including the NAP of the Americas("NOTA") (MI1) facility, serve as major communications gateways for companies in Latin America, the Caribbeanand the Southeastern U.S. The Equinix Miami ecosystem provides customers with direct connectivity to a variety of network and cloud service providers, CDNs and enterprises.
- ECX Fabric directly, securely and dynamically connects distributed infrastructure and digital ecosystems on Platform Equinix® via global, software-defined interconnection. Available across 30+ locations, ECX Fabric is designed for scalability, agility and connectivity over a self-service portal or API. Through a single port, customers can discover and reach anyone at
Equinixon demand, locally or across metros.
- To support real-time or mission-critical workloads,
Equinixcustomers can use ECX Fabric to easily connect to an AWS Direct Connect location in the same metro where the customer's infrastructure is located. For other workloads like data backup, Equinixcustomers can use ECX Fabric to easily connect to an AWS Direct Connect location in a different metro from where the customer's infrastructure is located.
- Direct and private connectivity to strategic cloud service providers like AWS is essential as digital transformation fuels higher demand for localized digital services at the edge. According to the Global Interconnection Index, a market study published recently by
Equinix, the capacity for private data exchange between enterprises and cloud providers is forecast to grow six times faster than public internet traffic between 2017 and 2020.
Eduardo Carvalho, President of Equinix Brazil
"With AWS Direct Connect now available via ECX Fabric in
Kaushik Joshi, Global Managing Director, Strategic Alliances at Equinix
- More about
Equinixand AWS [website]
- Equinix Collaboration with AWS Expands to Additional Markets [press release]
- Equinix Achieves APN Advanced Technology Partner Status with AWS [press release]
- The Global Interconnection Index [market study]
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centers and developing, deploying and delivering
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-collaboration-with-amazon-web-services-expands-in-latin-america-300679948.html
Equinix Media Contact (Global), David Fonkalsrud, +1 (650) 598-6240, firstname.lastname@example.org, OR Equinix Media Contact (Brazil), Ilana Trinkenreich, +55 21-3083-3309, email@example.com, OR Investor Relations Contacts, Katrina Rymill, +1 650-598-6583, firstname.lastname@example.org, OR Chip Newcom, +1 650-598-6262, email@example.com