- Born out of the need for businesses to quickly and efficiently respond to changing IT requirements driven by digital transformation, ECX Fabric helps meet these customer needs by allowing businesses to exchange their data on demand across metros through private connections.
- ECX Fabric is an on-demand, SDN-enabled interconnection service that allows any business to connect its own distributed infrastructure with any other company's distributed infrastructure, including the world's largest network service and cloud providers, on Platform
- By combining ECX Fabric with Network Edge services on the
Equinixglobal interconnection platform, customers can deploy virtual edge devices and interconnect them to clouds and network providers located in new global markets, extending their reach to potentially thousands of new business partners around the world. This empowers companies to be everywhere they need to be, to interconnect everyone and integrate everything that matters to their global digital businesses.
- Private connectivity between enterprises, strategic cloud service providers and network services is essential as digital transformation fuels higher demand for localized digital services at the edge. According to Volume 2 of the Global Interconnection Index, a market study published by
Equinix, the capacity for private data exchange between enterprises and cloud and network service providers is forecast to grow nearly 10 times faster than public internet traffic by 2021.
Dan Thompson, Research Director at 451 Research
"While the datacenter industry can be slow to adopt change,
Equinixhas found ways to innovate without compromising reliability. By creating and continually expanding ECX Fabric on its global interconnection platform, Equinixis on a path to allow customers to easily reach infrastructure in any one of its 200 datacenter facilities around the world—edging closer toward a truly Software Programmable Interconnection (SPI) and earning them a 451 Firestarter award." Bill Long, Vice President, Interconnection Services, Equinix
"As we continue evolving the
Equinixglobal interconnection platform for digital businesses, we're thrilled to be honored with a 415 Firestarter award for innovation with ECX Fabric. This recognition from top industry analysts is both a validation for the interconnection category of services among enterprises, cloud and network providers, and also a testament to how Equinix'sinterconnection services are helping customers solve their multicloud network connectivity challenges by interconnecting and integrating global businesses at the digital edge."
- Learn more about ECX Fabric [website]
- Learn more about Platform Equinix [website]
- Learn more about the 451 Research Firestarters [website]
- 451 Research Market Insight report [analyst report]
- Global Interconnection Index Volume 2 [market study]
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX® data centers and developing, deploying and delivering
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-cloud-exchange-fabric-recognized-by-451-research-as-a-451-firestarter-for-innovation-and-vision-in-the-technology-industry-300875909.html
Equinix Media Contact (Global), David Fonkalsrud, +1 (650) 598-6240, email@example.com or Investor Relations Contacts, Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, firstname.lastname@example.org; Chip Newcom, +1 (650) 598-6262, email@example.com