xScale data centers add to
Europe: Dublin(three xScale data centers), Frankfurt(five xScale data centers), Helsinki(one xScale data center), London(two xScale data centers), Madrid(two xScale data centers), Milan(one xScale data center), Paris(four xScale data centers) and Warsaw(one xScale data center) Asia-Pacific: Osaka(three xScale data centers) and Tokyo(three xScale data centers) Americas: Mexico City(one xScale data center) and São Paulo (three xScale data centers)
- Three additional sites are expected to be announced at a future date
- It is expected that the xScale portfolio of 32 facilities will provide more than 600 megawatts (MW) of power capacity when fully built out.
- With xScale data centers, hyperscale companies can add core deployments to their existing access point footprints at
Equinix, enabling their growth on a single platform that can immediately span 63 global metros and offer direct interconnection—within a vibrant set of ecosystems—to their customers and strategic business partners.
Equinix® features more than 40% of the private on-ramps to the top global cloud service providers – more than any other provider. As hyperscale companies scale their operations at Equinix, the ecosystem of nearly 10,000 enterprises and other companies currently operating at Equinixbenefit from increased opportunities to directly connect and operate in proximity to the largest global cloud operators. Equinixis a leader in data center sustainability and is greening the supply chains of its customers. Equinix'slong-term goal of using 100% clean and renewable energy for its global platform has resulted in significant increases in renewable energy coverage globally. Equinixhas continued to make advancements in the way it designs, builds and operates its data centers with high energy-efficiency standards, and all xScale data centers will be LEED certified (or regional equivalent certification).
- The JV projects in today's announcement are expected to close in several waves over the course of 2021, pending regulatory approval and other closing conditions.
- Under the terms of the JV agreements, GIC will own an 80% equity interest in the future joint ventures and
Equinixwill own the remaining 20% equity interest.
Jabez Tan, Head of Research, Structure Research:
"By building upon the xScale portfolio,
Equinixis well-positioned to further accelerate the adoption of hybrid and multicloud as the IT architecture of choice for today's businesses, while meeting hyperscalers' needs for operational reliability, global reach and interconnectivity to rich ecosystems that are critical to serving their customers worldwide."
- Hyperscale Data Center Expansion Goes into Hyperdrive [Equinix Blog]
- Hyperscale Connectivity Drives
$3 Billionin Data Center Projects by Equinixand JV Partners[press release] Equinixand GIC to Form Greater than US$1.0 BillionJoint Venture to Develop and Operate Hyperscale Data Centers in Japan[press release] Equinixand GIC Complete Formation of Greater than US$1.0 BillionEuropean Data Center Joint Venture [press release]
- How Hyperscale Data Centers Can Power Cloud Provider Success [Equinix Blog]
- Powering Digital Leaders [e-book]
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, risks related to
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-and-gic-to-add-3-9b-to-expand-xscale-data-center-program-301311383.html
Equinix Media Relations (Global): David Fonkalsrud, +1 650-598-6240, firstname.lastname@example.org, Equinix Investor Relations: Katrina Rymill, +1 650-598-6583, email@example.com, Chip Newcom, +1 650-598-6262, firstname.lastname@example.org