Equinix Achieves Certifications Critical to Growth in Key Vertical Industries
Global Certification Details
- All IBX data centers have achieved FISMA/NIST Revision (4) High Categorization compliance, mandated by U.S. federal government agencies.
- All IBX data centers are now PCI DSS v3.2 compliant, critical for the financial industry.
- All IBX data centers are now HIPAA compliant, necessary for the healthcare industry.
- All IBX data centers are now ISO 22301:2012 compliant. ISO 22301 is an international standard for business continuity management and specifies requirements to prepare for, respond to and recover from disruptive events, such as natural disasters.
- All IBX data centers are now SOC 2 Type 2 compliant – a standard designed for technology companies, specifically data centers, IT managed services, SaaS vendors, and other technology and cloud-computing based businesses. SOC (2) criteria is based on the Trust Services Principles (TSP) of security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality and privacy.
- Out of the 65 IBX data centers in EMEA, 28 IBX data centers achieved SOC 2 Type 2 certification in 2016. The remaining 37 IBX data centers are targeted for certification in 2017.
- 11 IBX data centers achieved PCI DSS v3.2 compliance, with six of these now certified and rest expected to close by 2017 end.
"Regulatory compliance is the utmost priority for
About the New Certifications
NIST 800-53 is published by the
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) sets the standard for protecting sensitive patient data. Any company that deals with protected health information (PHI) must ensure that all the required physical, network, and process security measures are in place and followed. This includes: covered entities (CE); all treatment providers; healthcare payment and operations; business associates; personnel with access to patient information to provide support in treatment, payment or operations. Subcontractors and business associates must also follow HIPAA compliance.
An internationally recognized best practice framework that specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an Information Security Management System (ISMS). ISMS is a systematic approach to managing sensitive company information including people, processes and IT systems.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-achieves-certifications-critical-to-growth-in-key-vertical-industries-300435676.html
Equinix: Michelle Lindeman, Equinix, Inc., (650) 598-6361, email@example.com