REDWOOD CITY, Calif. and LAS VEGAS, Nov. 29, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced it has achieved Amazon Web Services (AWS) Networking Competency status in the AWS Partner Network (APN), underscoring Equinix's ongoing commitment to serving AWS customers by providing private and secure access inside its global footprint of International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers. This distinction recognizes Equinix as a key Technology Partner in the APN, helping customers adopt, develop and deploy networks on AWS.
Achieving the AWS Networking Competency differentiates Equinix as an APN member that provides specialized demonstrated technical proficiency and proven customer success with specific focus on networking based on AWS Direct Connect. To receive the designation, APN members must possess deep AWS expertise and deliver solutions seamlessly on AWS.
- AWS is enabling scalable, flexible and cost-effective solutions from startups to global enterprises. To support the seamless integration and deployment of these solutions, AWS established the AWS Competency Program to help customers identify Consulting and Technology APN Partners with deep industry experience and expertise.
- In April of this year, Equinix achieved Advanced Technology Partner status in the AWS Partner Network. To obtain this status, AWS requires partners to meet stringent criteria, including the ability to demonstrate success in providing AWS services to a wide range of customers and use cases. Additionally, partners must complete a technical solution validation by AWS.
- To help customers reduce costs, improve performance and achieve a more consistent network experience, Equinix offers AWS Direct Connect service in its IBX data centers in 21 markets globally, including the Amsterdam, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, Helsinki, Los Angeles, London, Madrid, Manchester, Munich, New York, Osaka, São Paulo, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Warsaw and Washington, D.C. metro areas.
- Direct and private connectivity to strategic cloud providers that avoids the public internet is a growing business practice for leading companies. According to the Global Interconnection Index, a market study published recently by Equinix, the capacity for private data exchange between enterprises and cloud providers is forecast to grow at 160 percent CAGR between now and 2020.
- Equinix will showcase its cloud interconnection services at AWS re:Invent, Booth #2213, at The Venetian Hotel.
- Kaushik Joshi, Global Managing Director, Strategic Alliances at Equinix
"Equinix is proud to achieve AWS Networking Competency status. Together, Equinix and AWS Direct Connect accelerate Amazon Web Services adoption by making it easier to directly and securely connect to AWS and ensure the performance and availability of mission-critical applications and workloads."
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 48 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. www.equinix.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see recent Equinix quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-achieves-aws-networking-competency-status-as-private-on-ramp-for-companies-to-reach-aws-300563401.html
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Equinix Media Contact (Global), David Fonkalsrud, +1 (650) 598-6240, email@example.com, OR Equinix Media Contact (EMEA), Liam Rose, +44 (0) 207 618 9602, firstname.lastname@example.org, OR Equinix Investor Relations Contacts, Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, email@example.com, OR Chip Newcom, +1 (650) 598-6262, firstname.lastname@example.org