REDWOOD CITY, Calif. and JAKARTA, Indonesia, Feb. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced the expansion of its data center in Jakarta, known as JK1, through its partnership with DCI Indonesia (DCI).
Coupled with its alliance with DCI and a premium connection with the Indonesian Internet Exchange (IIX), the second phase of development at JK1 is an indicator of Equinix's continued commitment to the region, where market demand from the cloud and financial sectors for world-class data center services is flourishing.
Highlights / Key Facts
- JK1 phase two will add approximately 400 cabinets to the data center, doubling available capacity to a total net size of 800 cabinets. The expansion is scheduled to be completed by the end of February 2016.
- Through the DCI and Indonesian Internet Service Provider Association (APJII) collaboration, JK1 enables direct peering connection to the IIX. Companies can also access Equinix's highly interconnected International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers across strategic global markets via existing major network providers.
- JK1 is located at Cibitung, approximately 30 km from the Sudirman Central Business District (SCBD), and offers a full range of premium colocation, interconnection and support services. The carrier-neutral facility will be bringing more carriers into the data center to enrich network density by partnering with Indonesian Internet Service Provider Association (APJII) to provide more options for direct peering connection to the IIX.
- JK1 phase two will further extend Platform Equinix™ to cater to the increased demand for premium interconnection and data center services in Indonesia and the Asia-Pacific region. The expansion will give existing customers the added capacity to easily scale when required, ensuring high-performance, network reliability, redundancy, and low latency. The expansion is in line with the steady growth of the company's leading global interconnection platform, in which Equinix has invested more than $7.5 billion over the last 17 years.
- JK1 is home to a mix of businesses from various industries including cloud and IT services, network providers and enterprises, and a high concentration of financial services companies. Companies can leverage Equinix's rich business ecosystems to connect with one another and transact to realize new business opportunities.
- In recent months Equinix has significantly expanded its global footprint through the acquisitions of TelecityGroup and Bit-isle which increased its reach to 40 markets globally. This has strengthened its ability to help global companies connect directly to partners, customers and employees in its 145 IBX data centers around the world. By facilitating more collaboration across borders, Equinix is a key proponent of the interconnected era and is bringing people and businesses closer together to accelerate business growth.
- Marina Budiman, CEO, DCI Indonesia:
"Our partnership with Equinix has helped to fast track the expansion of JK1 and has bolstered our commitment to bringing in more carriers to further enrich network density. We will be collaborating with the Indonesian Internet Service Provider Association (APJII) for direct peering connection to the IIX. This will provide companies looking to expand or establish themselves in Indonesia with more opportunities to interconnect with other service providers to help grow their business."
- Jamalul Izza, president, Chairman, APJII:
"We are delighted to have partnered with DCI Indonesia to present direct peering to the Indonesia Internet Exchange (IIX) which is managed by APJII in the DCI data center. This is in line with our vision and mission which is to be actively participating in building and developing the Indonesia Internet governance to enhance the potential of human resources in the field of internet technology and in one of APJII's programs in increasing local traffic. We hope that with the presence of IIX in the data center, DCI will be a great benefit to the internet industry and foster new growth and expansion."
- Clement Goh, managing director, Equinix South Asia:
"The phase two expansion of JK1 does more than just cater to ongoing demand from our financial services customers. Access to IIX will provide greater connectivity for customers, especially cloud and content providers, who will benefit from interconnection to other network providers. JK1 has long been known as a leading data center for both technical and operational excellence. This expansion will cement our commitment to customer needs by providing them with direct access to established business ecosystems."
About PT DCI, Indonesia
PT Data Center Infrastructure Indonesia (DCI) focuses on providing premium data center services. DCI Data Center is specifically dedicated to operating secure and reliable data center services, situated at a secure site that is favorable infrastructure wise, and is located not far from Jakarta. DCI is backed by solid experience from industry players with more than 20 years of experience in the fields information technology, data center services and infrastructure management.
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 40 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc.
International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-doubles-capacity-of-jakarta-data-center-with-new-expansion-300214204.html
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Lorraine Little-Bigelow (Asia), Equinix Asia-Pacific, + (852) 2970 7742, email@example.com; or Sonia Morris / Ken Tham, LEWIS Communications, for Equinix Asia-Pacific, + (65) 6571 9140, EquinixSG@teamlewis.com, Liam Rose (Americas), +1 (650) 598-6590, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Equinix Investor Relations Contact, Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, email@example.com