REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Sept. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it has promoted Brian Lillie to Chief Customer Officer (CCO) and EVP of Technology Services. In this newly expanded role, Lillie will directly lead the Global Customer Success organization to holistically and consistently drive the customer journey across the entire company while enabling greater growth and success for Equinix's more than 8,000 customers worldwide. Lillie has served as the Global CIO of Equinix for the past eight years.
The company also announced that it has appointed Milind Wagle as the new Global CIO reporting into the Customer Success Organization. Formerly the Vice President of Global IT in the CIO organization, Wagle will lead the global IT team and oversee the solution delivery for enterprise applications, information security, and end-user technology infrastructure support for Equinix's more than 5,600 employees worldwide. Wagle has been with Equinix for six years and previously held leadership positions at VeriSign, KPMG Consulting and BearingPoint.
- Service excellence has always been a hallmark of the Equinix value proposition and the new Global Customer Success organization will leverage the strengths of the Global Customer Care, Global Customer Experience, Product Engineering and global CIO teams to create extraordinary experiences and opportunities for our customers and enable the interconnected enterprise.
- Lillie joined Equinix in 2008 and has been focused on building business value through strategic and innovative product development and information technology initiatives. Global product examples include the innovative and ground-breaking Equinix Cloud Exchange portal and API platform, the Equinix Customer Portal, and the Equinix Marketplace Portal. In addition to product initiatives, Lillie has also driven several global initiatives to improve internal efficiencies and global scale, including quote-to-cash systems, sales force automation, global financials, asset and capacity management systems, and big data analytic systems.
- For the past six years, Wagle has served in various senior leadership roles within the IT team at Equinix, most recently as Vice President. He has managed large-scale, cross-functional enterprise transformation programs for the company, including globally designing and deploying process, system and organizational standardization across 14 countries.
- Charles Meyers, COO, Equinix:
"Equinix is committed to building on our legacy of exceptional service and keeping our customers at the heart of everything we do. The Global Customer Success organization will ensure that the customer voice is heard consistently throughout our organization to continually drive us to create value for our customers. Our new Chief Customer Officer, Brian Lillie, is an outstanding leader who, as our former CIO, truly understands the customer journey to digital transformation. I am confident that Brian's insight, integrity and passion will enable the new Global Customer Success organization to holistically drive customer success and accelerate our growth."
- Brian Lillie, Chief Customer Officer, EVP of Technology Services, Equinix:
"I am excited about the opportunity to lead this talented team aimed at helping our customers through their transformation challenges. By creating a global, consolidated lens on the customer experience and service–and their journey with Equinix from contract through renewal–this new organization will ensure we are coordinated in how we leverage our technology leadership and our global service and support to achieve great outcomes for our customers. I am also thrilled to have Milind step into the role of Global CIO. Milind has a strong record of making IT a strategic partner of the business and driving innovation. In his new role, he will continue to focus on driving internal efficiencies and continued business growth, but also creating new ways for customers to engage with Equinix."
- Milind Wagle, Global CIO, Equinix:
"I am honored to lead this award-winning IT organization and continue to drive innovation and efficiencies for our internal partners and our customers. Equinix has a great opportunity to continue to drive interconnection as a true differentiator for IT and business leaders. I look forward to driving that transformation internally and working closely with our IT team and our customers to identify opportunities for their competitive advantage."
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 40 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc. International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160831/403366
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-promotes-brian-lillie-to-chief-customer-officer-evp-of-technology-services-300321262.html
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Michelle Lindeman, Equinix, Inc., (650) 598-6361, firstname.lastname@example.org