REDWOOD CITY, Calif., July 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it has appointed Mike Campbell as Chief Sales Officer (CSO). In this newly expanded role, Campbell will directly lead Equinix's Global Accounts, Business Development and Channel Programs, coordinating sales execution across regional teams globally and delivering more tightly integrated solutions to customers. Campbell will also fill a strategic role in aligning Equinix's execution with the tremendous opportunity in the rapidly growing and maturing market for interconnection and data center services.
- Campbell joined Equinix in 2015 as Senior Vice President of Sales, with more than 30 years of experience managing global teams and working within respected technology companies, including NCR, UUNET, CompuServe, MCI and WorldCom.
- Prior to Equinix, Campbell ran global renewals and website security businesses at Symantec that drove almost $2 billion annually. His career at Symantec began after the merger with VeriSign's authentication business unit, which had previously acquired Guardent, where he ran the enterprise and channel sales teams. Prior to Guardent, Campbell led Akamai's U.S. sales operations and nearly doubled the company's revenue in just one year, from $89 million to over $160 million.
- In addition to leading the global sales organization, Campbell will oversee the Equinix Global Solutions Architects, Business Development and Equinix Professional Services teams.
- Steve Smith, CEO, Equinix:
"Mike has a proven track record as a sales leader in large-scale global organizations. Not only does he have a deep understanding of both the high-touch service provider and channel-based enterprise sales models, his track record of growing businesses to achieve new revenue targets while never losing sight of delivering exceptional customer experiences will be invaluable. We are thrilled to have Mike on board to help accelerate our growth and strengthen our go-to-market execution."
- Mike Campbell, Chief Sales Officer, Equinix:
"I am excited to move into this new role at an important time in the company's history. As chief sales officer, I look forward to furthering Equinix's mission of being a customer-focused organization that enables enterprises, service providers and technology companies to optimize their IT infrastructure at a time when the shift to digital is transforming businesses globally."
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 40 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. www.equinix.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc. International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160707/387173
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-appoints-mike-campbell-as-chief-sales-officer-300295497.html
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Michelle Lindeman, Equinix, Inc., (650) 598-6361, email@example.com