REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Nov. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced an agreement to provide direct access to Google Cloud Platform via the Equinix Cloud Exchange™ in 15 markets worldwide. By offering high-performance, dedicated connections through Cloud Exchange, Equinix helps Google customers realize the full benefits of their cloud services, including world-class scalability and infrastructure reliability.
In a recent survey of more than 650 global enterprise IT leaders conducted by Dimensional Research and sponsored by Equinix, 91 percent of global businesses said they planned to deploy public cloud services in the next 12 months. Yet, many enterprise CIOs still cite the cost of moving variable workloads to public clouds as a major barrier to cloud adoption. Connecting Google's cloud offerings to the Equinix Cloud Exchange empowers enterprise customers to access Google Cloud Platform in an uncongested and cost-effective manner. Because Equinix offers the ability to manage multiple connections through a single port, companies can quickly and cost-effectively access Google Cloud Platform, as well as other cloud and network services that best meet their needs.
This provisioning of virtual circuit connections enables customers to easily build the cloud of their choice with dedicated, low-latency connections. That is why providers, such as Google, are connecting to the Equinix Cloud Exchange to expand their platform reach and offer private connectivity to enterprise customers around the globe whose applications require flexible, hybrid cloud architectures.
Highlights / Key Facts
- By bringing together cloud and network service providers with enterprises and enabling them to establish private, high-performance connections with each other, the Equinix Cloud Exchange gives users direct access to the services they need to build sophisticated cloud solutions.
- In a recent survey of more than 650 global enterprise IT leaders, 85 percent of respondents indicated that they see strong value in having direct connections to public cloud providers, with 77 percent placing strong value on having a single source for colocation and interconnection.
- Equinix will offer up to a 10Gb connection to Google cloud services with full bursting capabilities.
- Equinix will manage multiple IP addressing methods for enterprise customers including customer-provided addresses, local LAN addressing and Google-provided IP addressing providing maximum flexibility in how they access Google Cloud Platform.
- Access to Google Cloud Platform will be available through the Equinix Cloud Exchange in 15 markets spanning the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, including Amsterdam, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington, D.C.
- The Equinix Cloud Exchange is currently available in 17 markets globally – Amsterdam, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington D.C. – with expansion planned to a total of 19 markets by the end of 2014.
- Ihab Tarazi, chief technology officer, Equinix:
"Offering flexible, low-latency connections to the cloud is the primary goal of the Equinix Cloud Exchange, and adding Google to our impressive portfolio of cloud providers will be well received by our customers. By offering direct access to cloud services such as Google's Cloud Platform, enterprises will now have multiple high-performance connectivity options to enable their hybrid cloud strategies."
About Equinix Cloud Exchange
The Equinix Cloud Exchange is an advanced interconnection solution that enables seamless, on-demand and direct access to multiple clouds, across multiple networks around the globe. By combining the automated interconnection of cloud, network and managed service providers with advanced service orchestration for the first time, the Equinix Cloud Exchange provides enterprises with simple, scalable, direct access to the multiple cloud services they need to build highly flexible hybrid cloud solutions. This removes the security, performance and vendor lock-in concerns holding many organizations back from fully adopting and reaping the benefits of cloud services. For more information on the Equinix Cloud Exchange, please visit http://www.equinix.com/solutions/by-services/interconnection/exchanges/equinix-cloud-exchange/.
Equinix, Inc. (NASDAQ: EQIX), connects more than 4,500 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 32 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140102/MM39832LOGO
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Equinix: Sally Comollo, +1-781-366-5580, firstname.lastname@example.org, Heather Fitzsimmons, Mindshare PR for Equinix, +1-650-800-7160, email@example.com; Equinix Media Contacts (EMEA): Antonella Crimi, +44 (0)20 7634 4022, Antonella.Crimi@eu.equinix.com; Text100 for Equinix, Inc.: Rowland Harding, Text 100, +44 (0)20 8846 0718, firstname.lastname@example.org; Equinix Media Contacts (APAC): Lorraine Little-Bigelow, + (852) 2970 7742, email@example.com; Andrea Friedman / Summer Jia, LEWIS PR, + (852) 3944 5000, LEWISHongKong@lewispr.com; Equinix Investor Relations Contacts: Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, firstname.lastname@example.org