In a recent survey of more than 650 global enterprise IT leaders conducted by
This provisioning of virtual circuit connections enables customers to easily build the cloud of their choice with dedicated, low-latency connections. That is why providers, such as
Highlights / Key Facts
- By bringing together cloud and network service providers with enterprises and enabling them to establish private, high-performance connections with each other, the Equinix Cloud Exchange gives users direct access to the services they need to build sophisticated cloud solutions.
- In a recent survey of more than 650 global enterprise IT leaders, 85 percent of respondents indicated that they see strong value in having direct connections to public cloud providers, with 77 percent placing strong value on having a single source for colocation and interconnection.
Equinixwill offer up to a 10Gb connection to Equinixwill manage multiple IP addressing methods for enterprise customers including customer-provided addresses, local LAN addressing and
- Access to Google Cloud Platform will be available through the Equinix Cloud Exchange in 15 markets spanning the
Americas, Europeand Asia Pacific, including Amsterdam, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Tokyoand Washington, D.C.
- The Equinix Cloud Exchange is currently available in 17 markets globally –
Amsterdam, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Torontoand Washington D.C.– with expansion planned to a total of 19 markets by the end of 2014.
Ihab Tarazi, chief technology officer, Equinix:
"Offering flexible, low-latency connections to the cloud is the primary goal of the Equinix Cloud Exchange, and adding
- Cloud Survey Results [press release]
- Equinix Cloud Exchange Gets Onboard with Google Cloud Platform [
- Google Cloud Platform [Google blog post]
- Cloud Exchange and Google Cloud Platform [website]
About Equinix Cloud Exchange
The Equinix Cloud Exchange is an advanced interconnection solution that enables seamless, on-demand and direct access to multiple clouds, across multiple networks around the globe. By combining the automated interconnection of cloud, network and managed service providers with advanced service orchestration for the first time, the Equinix Cloud Exchange provides enterprises with simple, scalable, direct access to the multiple cloud services they need to build highly flexible hybrid cloud solutions. This removes the security, performance and vendor lock-in concerns holding many organizations back from fully adopting and reaping the benefits of cloud services. For more information on the Equinix Cloud Exchange, please visit http://www.equinix.com/solutions/by-services/interconnection/exchanges/equinix-cloud-exchange/.
Equinix: Sally Comollo, +1-781-366-5580, email@example.com, Heather Fitzsimmons, Mindshare PR for Equinix, +1-650-800-7160, firstname.lastname@example.org; Equinix Media Contacts (EMEA): Antonella Crimi, +44 (0)20 7634 4022, Antonella.Crimi@eu.equinix.com; Text100 for Equinix, Inc.: Rowland Harding, Text 100, +44 (0)20 8846 0718, email@example.com; Equinix Media Contacts (APAC): Lorraine Little-Bigelow, + (852) 2970 7742, firstname.lastname@example.org; Andrea Friedman / Summer Jia, LEWIS PR, + (852) 3944 5000, LEWISHongKong@lewispr.com; Equinix Investor Relations Contacts: Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, email@example.com