Bulgariais a strategic location within the Balkans with access to the EU, Turkeyand the Caucasus. The SO2 IBX data center will meet customer demand by providing approximately 350 cabinets in the first phase of build out with the opportunity to add 1,100 cabinets in subsequent phases. It will be the second Equinixdata center in Sofiawhich is already home to 100+ companies including cloud service providers, network service providers, enterprises and content and digital media companies, who use Equinix'sglobal interconnection platform of 200 data centers around the world to connect to business partners and customers across their digital supply chains.
- Today's service providers and enterprises must expand their capacity and capabilities for digital as they re-architect their IT. Companies can extend network infrastructure to the edge and enhance workload performance by shortening the distance between digital services and users. The SO2 data center will provide a secure environment for local businesses and multinationals who are looking to expand into
Eastern Europeand the Middle East. Additionally, SO2 will have direct connectivity to the Bulgarian Internet Exchange (BIX).
- Direct and private connectivity to strategic cloud service providers is essential as digital transformation fuels higher demand for localized digital services at the edge. According to the Global Interconnection Index, a market study published by
Equinix, Interconnection between Enterprises and Cloud and IT Providers is projected to grow 98% per annum through 2021, supporting businesses building out new digital services and migrating existing workloads to third-party cloud platforms.
- SO2 will use 100 percent green energy, a practice that
Equinix'soriginal data center in Sofia—SO1—has leveraged since 2016. Equinixannounced in 2015 its commitment to 100 percent clean and renewable energy for its entire global footprint. Through ongoing development of partnerships Equinixcontinues to deploy innovative new sustainable technologies including solar, wind and fuel cells, to make this commitment a reality.
Lyubomir Rusanov, CEO, SuperHosting.BG:
"SuperHosting.BG offers hosting services to more than 200,000 websites. The quality and continuity of services are of great importance to us. In order to guarantee them, we have been trusting Equinix Bulgaria and using their reliable colocation services for over seven years now. The opening of their second data center will help us meet the growing demands of our clients in
Diana Stefanova, Managing Director EMEA R&D Site and Strategic Business Development integrated solutions, VMware:
Zdravko Nikolov, Managing Director, Bulgaria:
Eric Schwartz, President, Equinix EMEA:
"Data center colocation provides a powerful level of direct interconnection and empowers enterprises to react in real time, adapt quickly to change and leverage digital ecosystems to create new value and growth. The new SO2 data center in
- Workload Transformation Drives Increasing Off-Premise Deployments, Propelling Growth for
- Colocation-Based Interconnection Will Serve as the 'Glue' for Advanced Digital Business Applications [
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centers and developing, deploying and delivering
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-to-open-second-data-center-in-sofia-bulgaria-300724299.html
Equinix Media Contact (EMEA), Liam Rose, +44 (0) 207 618 9602, email@example.com; or Investor Relations Contacts, Katrina Rymill, +1 650-598-6583, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Chip Newcom, +1 650-598-6262, email@example.com