Launched earlier this year, the American Act on Climate Pledge is a commitment from hundreds of private companies, local governments, and foundations who have stepped up to increase energy efficiency, boost low-carbon investing, and make solar energy more accessible. Accelerating the transition to a low-carbon economy will produce multiple benefits with regard to sustainable economic growth, public health, resilience to natural disasters, and the health of the global environment.
- Continue our efforts towards operating our portfolio of data centers using 100 percent clean and renewable energy;
- Be transparent in our reporting of our environmental impacts through respected agencies;
- Design, build, and operate efficiently in order to reduce our consumption of all resources, including electricity, water, natural gas, diesel, and refrigerants;
- Increase our investment in upgrades, retrofits, and replacements of old or inefficient equipment to enable demand savings and additional reductions in our carbon footprint;
- Build to a minimum of USGBC LEED Silver Standards (or regional equivalents) globally (23 currently);
- Track our performance using
U.S. Energy Starfor Data Centers (or regional equivalents) and strive for facility certification (6 U.S. recertifications for 2015 currently);
- Play an active role in the greening of our industry by promoting the use of innovative, clean and renewable technologies through collaboration and advocacy with our customers, peers, utility providers, and other interested parties.
Sam Kapoor, chief global operations officer:
"With over 100 data centers around the globe
Equinixhas a responsibility to power the digital world in a sustainable way. Our pledge today is another commitment to help make our long-term goal of operating our portfolio of data centers using 100 percent clean and renewable energy a reality."
- Equinix Signs Power Purchase Agreements that Bring its North American Data Centers to 100% Renewable Energy [press release]
- Equinix Recognized by
EPAfor Leading Green Power Use [press release]
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering
International Business Exchange is a trademark of
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-joins-the-american-business-act-on-climate-pledge-300185738.html
Equinix Media Contacts (Americas), Liam Rose, +1 (650) 598-6590, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Golin for Equinix, Alisa Davis, +1 (415) 318-4339, email@example.com; Equinix Media Contacts (EMEA), Antonella Crimi, +44 (0)20 7634 4022, Antonella.Crimi@eu.equinix.com, or APCO Worldwide for Equinix, Mitch Henderson, +44 (0)207.526.3626, firstname.lastname@example.org; Equinix Investor Relations Contacts, Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, email@example.com, or Paul Thomas, +1 (650) 598-6442, firstname.lastname@example.org