Earlier this month
Key Highlights / Facts:
- The SP3 data center brings additional data center capacity to support IT infrastructure requirements for local businesses and multi-nationals looking to expand into the
Brazilmarket. This new capacity will address anticipated business needs for colocation projects in the State of São Paulo. Today more than 800 companies collocate in Equinix's Brazildata centers to connect to business partners and customers across their digital supply chains.
- Equinix Brazil is home to many thriving, diverse business ecosystems including networks, financial services, government and enterprise. SP3 will also have connectivity to the Equinix Cloud Exchange™ which provides direct and secure access to Microsoft Azure and Office 365, as businesses across various industries are increasingly leveraging cloud infrastructure services for their IT needs.
- SP3 will have over 215,000 sq ft of which, more than 90,000 sq ft will be colocation space. Approximately 13.3 megawatts of power will be available to customers and the data center will have a high-voltage substation and redundant lines to ensure greater reliability and stability than traditional medium-voltage lines.
- Equinix Metro Connect™ will connect SP3 with another local
Equinixdata center, SP2, utilizing dark fiber between the sites which will provide direct access to more than 1,150 networks and more than 6,300 companies globally at very low latencies.
- Building on recent strides that
Equinixhas made on its global sustainability initiative, the new São Paulo data center will use innovative cooling technology which integrates air evaporative cooling solutions and indirect free cooling in order to reduce the use of electricity by the data center's air conditioning units. SP3 will also leverage a solar energy capture system which will be used to serve the offices and common areas. By implementing the most efficient technology available in the market today, SP3 is expected to operate with a PUE below 1.35 once fully operational.
- As the result of these energy efficiencies, SP3 is seeking a minimum of LEED Silver certification in compliance with the sustainability criteria set out by the
U.S. Green Building Counciland will also have the Tier III Design and Facilities certifications.
Karl Strohmeyer, president, Equinix Americas:
"We continue to see increasing market demand for interconnection and colocation in
Brazil. The new SP3 facility will meet these needs while giving Brazilcompanies the opportunity to leverage the full scale of Platform Equinix into 40 key markets globally as business needs evolve."
- Equinix Offers Access to New Opportunity in
Brazilwith SP3 Data Center[blog] Equinixto Launch Four New Data Centers, Globally, to Further Advance IT Transformation in the Interconnected Era [press release]
- Equinix Expansion Continues With 4 New Data Centers on 4 Continents [blog]
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering
International Business Exchange is a trademark of
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-invests-76-million-in-a-new-data-center-in-sao-paulo-brazil-300238640.html
Equinix Media Contacts (Americas), Liam Rose, +1 (650) 598-6590, firstname.lastname@example.org; Equinix Media Contact (Brazil), Ilana Trinkenreich, + 55 21 98666-6560, email@example.com; Equinix Investor Relations Contacts, Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, firstname.lastname@example.org