Built in close proximity to financial data center hubs and subsea landing stations, the new
According to a recent study by
HK5 will play a crucial role in providing interconnection, which is a key piece of the infrastructure on which Honk Kong's most successful industries—such as financial services and
- Located in the heart of
Hong Kong'sfinancial data center nexus of Tseung Kwan O, the eight-story facility is purpose-built, designed from the ground up to satisfy the stringent regulatory requirements imposed on financial services firms. In addition to robust reliability and disaster preparedness, HK5 provides customers with the highest levels of security, compliance and operational excellence.
- With more than 48,000 square feet of colocation space, HK5 will add 1,200 cabinets to the global interconnection leader's footprint in the city upon completion. Located in a brand-new building in an area specifically zoned for data center use, HK5 offers unique scalability, reliability and high-performance colocation and interconnection services.
- HK5 is connected to HK1, HK2 and HK3 via diverse path fiber connections, creating a digital campus that allows customers residing in HK5 to reap the benefits of other Equinix IBXs in the city. This also makes HK5 the ideal backup and/or expansion location for customers already deploying in other Equinix Hong Kong data centers.
- HK5 offers the flexibility and scalability to meet changing business needs by offering access to one of the world's richest and most diverse digital ecosystems. This enables businesses to interconnect directly to more than 425 companies colocated with
Equinixin Hong Kong.
- HK5 employs green features including granular temperature monitoring, cold aisle containment and optimized lighting control to deliver a high degree of energy efficiency. In line with the
Equinixsustainability philosophy, the new data center has a small environmental footprint, with an annual average PUE (power usage efficiency) as low as 1.45.
- Apart from HK5,
Equinixrecently announced a series of expansions in Asia-Pacific, including Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Sydneyand Tokyo. With the addition of HK5, Equinixwill have 30 IBX data centers in Asia-Pacific, and its total global footprint will cover more than 180 IBX data centers across 44 markets. Hong Kongdata centers are business hubs for more than 125 financial ecosystem participants, such as FXecosystem, a leading provider of outsourced connectivity services to the FX and bond markets. The company colocated with Equinixin New York(NY4), and has since expanded into London(LD4), Hong Kong(HK1) and Singapore(SG1).
James Banister, CEO, FXecosystem:
Equinix'sstrong reputation in the financial services industry, combined with its largest multi-asset electronic trading ecosystem - a robust collection of interconnected execution venues and trading platforms, market data vendors, service providers, buy-side and sell-side firms, made it the obvious choice to support our Asian expansion. Leveraging Equinix'sinterconnection platform across Hong Kong, London, New Yorkand Singapore, we are able to help institutional and retail FX clients in Europeand America to expand into Asia." Samuel Lee, President, Equinix Asia-Pacific:
"With the recent data center expansions in
Singaporeand Sydney, and now the opening of HK5, Equinixcontinues to expand its presence across Asia-Pacific. Our ongoing growth signifies our commitment to the region and to developing our global footprint to benefit our customers and support growing digital business needs. The launch of HK5 will enable our customers in Hong Kongand beyond to have access to the vast interconnection opportunities needed to innovate and grow." Alex Tam, Managing Director, Equinix Hong Kong:
"With companies in
Hong Kongrapidly embracing the multiple opportunities offered by the digital economy, the demand for interconnection continues to rise. Equinixhas always offered the premium services and scale required by the city's enterprises, including the many financial services firms that make up our customer portfolio. With the opening of HK5, we will continue to deliver the level of excellence and interconnection that industry regulators expect and which our customers demand."
HK5 Data Center[web page]
- HK5 Data Center Technical Specifications [data sheet]
- Hong Kong Data Centers [web page]
- Equinix Cloud Exchange [web page]
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering
International Business Exchange is a trademark of
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-invests-32-million-to-expand-footprint-in-hong-kong-with-new-data-center-opening-300504893.html
Asia-Pacific, Annie Ho, Equinix, +852 2970 7761, email@example.com; or Hong Kong, Stella Wong, LEWIS, +852 3944 5008, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Americas, Michelle Lindeman, Equinix, +1 650 598 6361, email@example.com