The density of carriers, cloud service providers (CSP) and subsea cables in
Highlights / Key Facts
- The SY5 IBX will be located in
Alexandria, about 2.5 miles from Sydney'scentral business district, and will host a total colocation space of more than 260,000 square feet (approximately 25,000 square meters) when fully built. When the facility opens, Equinixwill have a national footprint of 16 IBX data centers across Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Canberra, Adelaideand Brisbane, with eight in Sydney.
- Equinix Sydney facilities enable companies to set up direct links to the continent's two largest peering points along with direct access to: the trans-Pacific telecommunications cables network Southern Cross Cable Head; the PIPE Pacific Cable network that runs from
Australiato Guam; the new submarine cable system Hawaiki that connects Australiawith New Zealand, other Pacific Islands and the continental US; as well as the Australia Singapore Cable (ASC) between Australiaand Singapore.
- The SY5 IBX will benefit from direct fiber cross connect capability between the SY1, SY2, SY3 and SY4 IBX data centers with the richest ecosystem of customers in
Australia, including over 155 network service providers (NSP), 265 cloud and IT service providers, more than 75 financial services companies and over 55 content and digital media organizations. SY5 will be located adjacent to SY4 with direct physical access between the buildings via a secure link bridge, creating a physical campus extension between the sites.
- The SY5 IBX will also benefit from Equinix Metro Connect connectivity to the SY6 IBX in Silverwater, providing customers with the ability to support geographical diversity and redundancy as needed to support full business continuity within the
- As part of Platform Equinix®, SY5 will offer a wide range of connectivity options, including Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric™ (ECX Fabric™), which allows businesses to set up on-demand and secure connections to over 130 service providers and more than 1,400 participants across all regions around the world. ECX Fabric provides the largest cloud on-ramp to more than 265 CSPs in
Australia, including Alibaba, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, SAP Cloud, Oracle, SoftLayer and other local providers. Equinixhas been named Frost & Sullivan's2018 Australia Data Center Services Provider of the Year for its unmatched national footprint and robust interconnection services, creating tremendous values for its customers.
- Over the past three years,
Equinixhas invested more than $800 millionto organically build and expand its presence in the Asia-Pacific region. Equinixcurrently has 40 IBX data centers across 12 markets in Asia-Pacific. This January, the company announced it is building its fourth IBX data center in Singaporeand entering a new market in Seoul, South Korea.
- Globally, IBX facilities are built on Platform Equinix, which is comprised of 200 IBX data centers across 52 markets and 24 countries, providing data center and interconnection services for more than 9,800 of the world's leading businesses.
Audrey William, Senior Fellow and Head of Research, Australia and New Zealand, ICT, Frost & Sullivan
"The rise in the uptake of technologies such as analytics, IoT, cloud and 5G coming to fruition in
Samuel Lee, President, Equinix Asia-Pacific
Jeremy Deutsch, Managing Director, Equinix Australia
"We're thrilled to continue an exciting period of growth for
- Equinix Sydney data centers [website]
- Equinix SY5 IBX Specifications [website]
- From an idea to an innovation center: an Australian story [blog]
- FrostIQ Report [analyst report]
- ECX Fabric Datasheet [website]
- Equinix Invests
$85 Millionto Build Fourth Data Centerin Singapore[press release]
- Equinix Expands its Global Footprint to
South Koreawith New Data Centerin Seoul[press release]
This press release contains forward-looking statements which are based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies or new ventures we have acquired or will acquire into the
 Frost & Sullivan's Edge Computing Awareness Level – APAC, 2018
 IDC's Unlocking the Economic Impact of Digital Transformation in
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-extends-digital-edge-with-new-data-center-in-sydney-300801004.html
Media Contact (Global), David Fonkalsrud, +1 (650) 598-6240, email@example.com, OR Media Contact (Asia-Pacific), Annie Ho, +852 2970-7761, firstname.lastname@example.org, OR Investor Relations Contacts, Katrina Rymill,+1 (650) 598-6583,email@example.com, OR Chip Newcom, +1 (650) 598-6262, firstname.lastname@example.org