- The first phase of SP3 provides a total capacity of 725 cabinets. Upon completion of the multi-phase build out, the facility will provide a total capacity of 2,775 cabinets, doubling
Equinix'savailable space in Brazil, and making SP3 the largest multi-tenant data center in Latin America.
- With the addition of SP3,
Equinixnow operates five data centers in Brazil, including three in São Paulo and two in Rio De Janeiro. Equinixexpects to add one additional IBX in São Paulo upon closing of the agreement with Verizon, announced in December 2016, to acquire 29 data centers across 15 metro areas in North and South America.
- By utilizing Equinix Metro Connect™, customers in SP3 can easily and directly connect with customers in
Equinix'sSP2 IBX via low latency dark fiber links between the sites. Equinix'sSão Paulo operations serve as a business hub for approximately 1,000 companies including 270 cloud and IT services companies and more than 70 telecommunications carriers, making it the most interconnected group of data centers in Brazil. Companies can also set up direct links to new submarine cable systems, including the Seabras-1 cable between Braziland the U.S.
- The new SP3 facility has already welcomed more than 30 customers, including Infobip, an international IT and telecommunications company that delivers a suite of messaging products to businesses. With its expansion to Brazil Infobip is able to connect customers across the globe and store data locally for Brazilian and Latin American customers. In addition, SP3 will serve as a backup facility for Infobip's other data centers.
- SP3 has over 215,000 square feet of gross data center space, of which more than 90,000 square feet will be colocation space when fully built out. Approximately 13.3 megawatts of power is available for customers, and the data center has a high-voltage substation and redundant lines to ensure greater reliability and stability than traditional medium-voltage lines.
- By implementing the most efficient energy technology available in the market today, SP3 is designed with a PUE below 1.35 once fully operational. Additionally, SP3 is LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building Rating System™ Silver certified and has received the Tier III Design and Facilities certifications. These uptime certifications ensure the availability of
Equinixfacilities in Braziland around the globe.
Jeff Paschke, research director, 451 Research.
Yuri Fiaschi, country manager, Brazil, Infopip
"All of our data centers around the world are interconnected and redundant. This allows us to ensure business continuity – and
Karl Strohmeyer, president of Americas, Equinix
"Our continued growth in
- Inside Equinix Brazil's
Newest Data Center[virtual tour video]
- Nearly Half of the Enterprises in the
Americasare Interconnected [blog]
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering
International Business Exchange is a trademark of
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-expands-interconnection-services-in-brazil-with-opening-of-additional-data-center-in-sao-paulo-300420971.html
Equinix Media Contacts- (Brazil), Adriana Leme, +55 (11) 2244 - 5934, firstname.lastname@example.org, OR Bárbara Trevisan, +55 (11) 2244 - 5983, email@example.com, OR Equinix Media Contact (Americas), Michelle Lindeman, +1 (650) 598 6361, firstname.lastname@example.org, OR Equinix Investor Relations Contacts, Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, email@example.com, OR Paul Thomas, +1 (650) 598-6442, firstname.lastname@example.org