Companies today are using cloud platforms, and many are using a hybrid cloud strategy with a combination of public, private and on-premises capabilities. A hybrid cloud strategy addresses major enterprise concerns as they move more of their applications to the cloud, including security concerns, data protection and protocols, availability, and cloud management. To enable hybrid cloud deployments for enterprises,
Highlights / Key Facts
- ECX Fabric is an on-demand, SDN-enabled interconnection service that allows any business to connect between its own distributed infrastructure and any other company's distributed infrastructure, including the world's largest network service and cloud providers, on Platform Equinix®.
- Direct Link, IBM Cloud's private interconnection service, provides customers with a connection to their enterprises' on-premises network or private data center to the IBM Cloud platform. By utilizing ECX Fabric, IBM Cloud Direct Link customers can benefit from secured and scalable network availability to the IBM Cloud platform.
- The IBM Cloud Direct Link Dedicated Hosting solution offered within Equinix IBX data centers provides space, power and connectivity with direct access to IBM Cloud via ECX Fabric. This improves network performance, providing companies with the secured, customized support needed for dedicated workloads that require predictable latency. Together, this allows global businesses to leverage emerging technologies like AI, data analytics, Blockchain and the full suite of IBM Cloud services, knowing their data is secured with enterprise-grade security.
- IBM Cloud has deployed more Direct Link locations with
Equinixthan with any other provider. Current metros include Amsterdam, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Melbourne, New York, Paris, São Paulo, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Torontoand Washington, D.C.
- Direct and private connectivity to strategic cloud service providers like IBM Cloud is essential as digital transformation fuels higher demand for localized digital services at the edge. According to the Global Interconnection Index (GXI) Volume 2, a market study published recently by
Equinix, interconnection between enterprises and cloud and IT providers is projected to grow 98% per annum through 2021, supporting businesses building out new digital services and migrating existing workloads to third-party cloud platforms.
Gabriel Montanti, Global Offering Executive, IBM Cloud
"Enterprises are rapidly building next-generation applications on the cloud that leverage Blockchain, AI, IoT, machine learning and more. With the ability to directly connect to business-critical applications from multiple points of presence within
Equinixdata centers located in key global metros, our customers can anticipate to more effectively integrate hybrid cloud strategies designed for improved security, reliability and performance." Royce Thomas, SVP, Strategic Alliances and Global Account Management, Equinix
"Our extended collaboration to offer direct and private connectivity to the IBM Cloud Direct Link service via ECX Fabric is a key enabler to enterprise digital transformation efforts. With the global reach of the
Equinixinterconnection platform, combined with IBM Cloud, we can help enterprises deploy hybrid cloud solutions and scale their digital businesses at the edge with robust security."
- Learn More About Equinix and IBM Cloud [website]
- Learn more about ECX Fabric [website]
- Learn more about Platform Equinix [website]
- Global Interconnection Index Volume 2 [market study]
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centers and developing, deploying and delivering
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-expands-collaboration-with-ibm-cloud-300870972.html
Equinix Media Contact (Global), David Fonkalsrud, +1 (650) 598-6240, email@example.com OR Investor Relations Contacts, Katrina Rymill , +1 650-598-6583, firstname.lastname@example.org OR Chip Newcom, +1 650-598-6262, email@example.com