To meet the ever-growing, on-demand interconnection needs of customers and to strengthen Platform Equinix as a global platform for digital business,
With this expanded interconnection service, available between any two ECX Fabric-enabled markets, customers can now leverage the power of Platform Equinix to privately interconnect clouds, networks and services to global data centers at their digital edge. This new ability to connect businesses globally allows customers to connect to clouds in other regions, and directly enables customers for the first time to establish on-demand network connections between the
Additionally, customers can use the expanded ECX Fabric service as a primary connection between Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers or as a complement to their existing networks. This further unlocks the power of the world's largest ecosystems located at
- The world is digitizing at a rapid pace as major macro, technology and regulatory trends are mandating a business shift to the digital edge. For many firms, the impact of this shift is outpacing their ability to digitally transform and compete in an increasingly cloud-first world. A global interconnection platform designed for digital business can accelerate digital transformation efforts by helping enterprises and providers reach everywhere, interconnect everyone and integrate everything.
- ECX Fabric is an on-demand, SDN-enabled interconnection service that helps meet these needs by allowing any business to connect between its own distributed infrastructure, and any other company's distributed infrastructure, including the world's largest network service and cloud providers, on Platform Equinix.
- To help customers scale their businesses as rapidly as the digital economy requires, the expanded ECX Fabric global connectivity functionality can be used as a primary connection, or as a complement to a customer's existing MPLS or Ethernet-based network for data center-to-data center connections by handling backup connections between metros, seasonal spikes in traffic, offloading lower value network traffic, or for short-term projects requiring more bandwidth.
- ECX Fabric also enables customers to streamline their access to the world's largest cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Google Cloud on Platform Equinix. As
Equinixoffers direct access to the highest concentration of major cloud provider onramps in the world, ECX Fabric is ideally suited to solve customers' multicloud network connectivity challenges.
- ECX Fabric is currently available in 37 metros globally, including
Amsterdam, Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Culpeper, Dallas, Denver, Dublin, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Geneva, Helsinki, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Manchester, Melbourne, Miami, Milan, Munich, New York, Osaka, Paris, Perth, São Paulo, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Stockholm, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Warsaw, Washington, D.C.and Zurich.
- To date, more than 1,400 customers currently using ECX Fabric, including leading enterprises, cloud and network service providers, have established more than 14,900 active virtual connections to ECX Fabric.
- Access to ECX Fabric is now available through a new self-service portal user interface or API that enables customers to create and manage connections on demand, within or between metros globally.
- In addition to the expanded global connectivity functionality and increased traction in the market, ECX Fabric was honored in
December 2018at the DCD Awards with the 2018 Smart Data CenterAward. ECX Fabric received this recognition for having the richest ecosystem and for quickly becoming the de facto global standard for how enterprises and service providers connect to the cloud.
- Private connectivity between enterprises, strategic cloud service providers and network services is essential as digital transformation fuels higher demand for localized digital services at the edge. According to Volume 2 of the Global Interconnection Index, a market study published by
Equinix, the capacity for private data exchange between enterprises and cloud and network service providers is forecast to grow nearly 10 times faster than public internet traffic by 2021.
- Rodrigo Silva Simão, IT Director, Agência Estado
"ECX Fabric allows us to easily interconnect our infrastructure in São Paulo and
- Troy Heffern, Director of Operations & Engineering, WorldAware
"ECX Fabric allowed us to build a global mesh between our data centers and cloud providers. Whether an employee is accessing our network from
Brad Casemore, Vice President, Datacenter Networking, IDC
"The imperative of digital transformation is driving enterprises to adopt multicloud strategies, which entail complex management of multicloud environments. Indeed, as their applications become increasingly distributed, residing not only in on-premises datacenters but also in public clouds, these organizations are finding that the parameters of what constitutes a datacenter network must be redefined. In this context, IDC finds that interconnection architectures at the digital edge are becoming integral elements of a comprehensive network for the cloud era. The geographic expansion of ECX Fabric will play a valuable role in helping companies accelerate their digital transformation initiatives through having the ability to instantly deploy flexible, interconnection-oriented network architectures worldwide."
Bill Long, Vice President, Interconnection Services, Equinix
"Our vision is to evolve Platform Equinix into a global platform that interconnects and integrates global businesses at the digital edge. This capability is critical for the digital transformation efforts of many enterprises, cloud providers and network providers today. With our expanded ECX Fabric global connectivity functionality our customers can now privately interconnect to key service providers and across their global digital infrastructure anywhere their business needs to be, at anytime, enabling them to reach anyone in the world, on demand, through a single private connection."
- Accessing Clouds, Networks and Services Just Got Easier [blog]
- Learn more about Platform Equinix [website]
- Learn more about ECX Fabric [website]
Equinixto Connect its Data Centers Globally to Expand Interconnection Opportunities for Businesses [press release]
- ECX Fabric Service Provider Availability [website]
- Global Interconnection Index Volume 2 [market study]
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centers and developing, deploying and delivering
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-enhances-global-platform-to-accelerate-interconnection-for-global-businesses-at-the-digital-edge-300832617.html
Equinix Media Contact (Global), David Fonkalsrud, +1 (650) 598-6240, email@example.com, OR Investor Relations Contacts, Katrina Rymill, +1 650-598-6583, firstname.lastname@example.org, OR Chip Newcom, +1 650-598-6262, email@example.com