Effective immediately, AWS Direct Connect will be available to customers in Equinix IBX data centers in
- In addition to the four new markets announced today,
Equinixoffers AWS Direct Connect in the Amsterdam, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, Los Angeles, London, Munich, New York, Osaka, São Paulo, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Warsaw and Washington, D.C. metro areas.
- Direct connection to AWS inside Equinix IBX data centers is ideal for specific enterprise use cases, such as:
- Securing and accelerating data flows: Applications such as business intelligence, pattern recognition and data visualization require heavy compute and low-latency connectivity to large data sets. Equinix Data Hub™ and Cloud Exchange can help enterprises control data movement and placement by enabling private, secure and fast connectivity between private data storage devices and AWS compute nodes, maintaining data residency and accelerating access between storage and compute resources.
- Interconnecting to hybrid cloud and business ecosystems: Direct connection to AWS via the Equinix Cloud Exchange offers enterprises access to networks, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS providers and connectivity to thousands of other business ecosystems.
- Direct and private connectivity to strategic cloud providers that avoids the public internet is a growing business practice for leading companies. According to the Global Interconnection Index, a market study published recently by
Equinix, the capacity for private data exchange between enterprises and cloud providers is forecast to grow at 160 percent CAGR between now and 2020. Equinixwill showcase its cloud interconnection services at AWS re:Invent, Booth #2213, at The Venetian Hotel.
Kaushik Joshi, Global Managing Director, Strategic Alliances at Equinix
"When businesses compete at the digital edge, proximity matters. To be successful, enterprises require superior interconnection. Together,
Steve Cretney, Vice President, CIO, SC Data Center, Inc.(an affiliate of Colony Brands)
- The Global Interconnection Index [market study]
- Equinix Achieves APN Advanced Technology Partner Status with AWS [press release]
- More about
Equinixand AWS [website]
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centers and developing, deploying and delivering
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-collaboration-with-aws-expands-to-additional-markets-300563404.html
Equinix Media Contact (Global), David Fonkalsrud, +1 (650) 598-6240, firstname.lastname@example.org, OR Equinix Media Contact (EMEA), Liam Rose, +44 (0) 207 618 9602, email@example.com, OR Equinix Investor Relations Contacts, Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, firstname.lastname@example.org, OR Chip Newcom, +1 (650) 598-6262, email@example.com