Nokia is leveraging Equinix IBX data centers to deploy both core and edge nodes to support mobile, IoT and cloud connectivity at global scale. With Platform Equinix®, Nokia WING is able to support markets across the globe in areas such as IoT data traffic and device density, as well as local regulatory environments (such as GDPR). Nokia is leveraging
The globally anticipated proliferation of data will increase demand for localized data collection and analysis across cities and countries. Faster, lower latency infrastructures—like that brought to market by
- Nokia is a world leader in digital technologies with a portfolio of products and services that enable new ways of connecting people, things and services instantly and effortlessly. Nokia WING enables operators to provide one worldwide IoT network grid across borders and technologies. It provides worldwide Infrastructure as a Service for low-latency and global reach to accelerate the deployment of IoT. It is a "one-stop-shop" for IoT managed services that includes a pre-integrated global IoT core network and connectivity management, as well as dedicated IoT operations, billing, security and data analytics, along with an application ecosystem.
Equinixis a leading global data center provider that delivers consistently high-quality service around the globe and access to all the major clouds, NSPs and ecosystem players across 55+ major metros worldwide.
Equinixprovides access to nearly 10,000 businesses around the world in rich vertical ecosystems, including more than 1,800 networks, 2,900 cloud and IT service providers and 3,000 enterprises. This supports Nokia WING's focus on providing access to nine vertical markets (connected car, healthcare, logistics and transport, smart cities, utilities, connected agriculture, connected retail, smart home and building, connected industry). Today, Equinixoperates more than 210 IBX® data centers in 55+ markets, providing customers with even more ways to connect with other businesses around the world on Platform Equinix.
Ankur Bhan, Head of WING, Nokia
"Nokia WING offers a superior IoT service experience for operators through global network presence, unified orchestration and consistent service level agreements. This deal will support our efforts to manage IoT-related data analysis on a global basis."
Jim Poole, VP, Equinix
"Nokia needed access to multiple markets and ecosystems to connect to NSPs and enterprises who want a play in the IoT space. By directly connecting to Nokia WING, mobile network operators can capture business value across IoT, AI and security, with a connectivity strategy to support business transformation."
- 4 Things Leaders Need to Know About the IoT [blog]
- Creating New Markets in the
Lifecycleof Connected Things [blog]
- Augmenting Human Potential with IoT + AI [blog]
Equinix2019-20 Global Tech Trends Survey[report]
- How the IoT helps you make money, save money and stay out of jail [blog]
- The Successful Cloud-Enabled Enterprise [infopaper]
- The Global Interconnection Index Volume 3 (GXI Vol.3) [market report]
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centers and developing, deploying and delivering
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-collaborates-with-nokia-for-global-iot-platform-and-edge-enablement-301136419.html
Equinix Media Contacts: Michelle Lindeman (Americas), +1 (650) 598-6361, email@example.com, Annie Ho (Asia-Pacific), Equinix, +852 2970-7761, firstname.lastname@example.org, Jess Sullivan (EMEA), +44 (0) 7876 712 861, email@example.com, Equinix Investor Relations Contacts: Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, firstname.lastname@example.org, Chip Newcom, +1 (650) 598-6262, email@example.com