This builds on previous announcements between
Cloud deployments in
Highlights / Key Facts
- Whether a customer is looking to incorporate direct connection to
Oracleas part of a broader interconnection strategy, or specifically needing to migrate data-heavy applications to the cloud, connection to Oracle Cloud inside Equinixis a highly scalable solution for many enterprise users, that can further a customer's efforts to address data privacy, regulatory compliance and data sovereignty scenarios. In addition to direct access to the Oracle Cloud, customers in Sydneywill also gain access to Oracle Managed Cloud Services to help them determine the best deployment model for their business needs.
- In today's world, business models are increasingly interdependent and enterprises are adopting an Interconnection Oriented Architecture™ (IOA) strategy in order to deliver the level of performance users demand while taking advantage of multiple IaaS, PaaS and SaaS cloud services. Enterprises bring these services closer to their global end users by putting workloads and application as close as possible to the digital edge of their network in
Equinixfacilities, co-locating IT hubs adjacent to the various cloud service providers that host their cloud edges in Equinixdata centers.
Equinixdata centers in Sydneyare the most interconnected in Australia. Enterprise customers in Sydneyare able to establish direct links to both of the continent's largest peering points, as well as key submarine cable systems, and gain direct access to multiple network and cloud providers such as Oracle, via the Equinix Cloud Exchange. And with the largest selection of international and regional networks in Australia, enterprise customers have the broadest choice of network providers from which to connect to Oracle Cloud.
- Oracle Cloud delivers nearly 1,000 SaaS applications and 50 enterprise-class PaaS and IaaS services to customers in more than 195 countries around the world, and supports 55 billion transactions each day. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is also part of the fast growing sector of cloud computing. According to a recent Gartner report the highest cloud growth is expected to come from IaaS, with a growth of 38.4 percent in 2016.
- The Equinix Cloud Exchange is currently available in 21 markets globally –
Amsterdam, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, New York, Osaka, Paris, Sao Paulo, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Washington D.C., and Zurich.
Robert Blackburn, Global Managing Director, Oraclestrategic alliance, Equinix
"We are excited to continue our collaboration with
Oracleand bring this service to the Asia Pacificmarket. The ability to connect directly to Oracleis an essential strategy for companies as they deploy workloads to the cloud. By providing direct access, our mutual customers can create a high-speed, dedicated, and low-latency connection that allows them to fully realize the benefits of hybrid deployment. We look forward to ongoing collaborations with Oracle, bringing this solution to additional Equinixdata centers across the globe." Jeremy Deutsch, Managing Director, Equinix Australia
"With interconnection emerging as a catalyst of revenue growth for many Australian businesses, being able to securely and directly connect to cloud and network services is critical. Our goal at
Equinixhas always been to help our enterprise customers realize the full benefits of the cloud – without worrying about application latency or cost issues. We are thrilled to be bringing Oracledirect access to our customers in Australia. This private, direct access reduces network costs, increases throughput, and provides a more consistent network experience than Internet-based connections." Rob Willis, Managing Director, Oracle Australia
"This collaboration further expands our existing cloud offering, which already includes local delivery of applications, platform and infrastructure services from within
Australia, as well as via the Public Cloud and through our unique Cloud at Customer offer – which is like putting the public cloud in your own data center. The availability of the new Sydney Regionis already accelerating the faster adoption of services locally, as well as throughout the rest of APAC, given its proximity to Sydneyas a hub. It helps us continue our commitment to giving customers unprecedented choice and flexibility in how they work and making the adoption of cloud as easy as possible."
- Learn more about Equinix Cloud Exchange
- Learn more about Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Learn more about Oracle Cloud
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) is
*Source: IDC, Australia Cloud Adoption and Buyer Attitudes , Doc # AP41150216 , Jul 2016
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-and-oracle-offer-direct-access-to-oracle-cloud-in-asia-pacific-300483804.html
Press Contacts: Equinix Media Contact (Americas), Sally Comollo, +1 (781) 366-5580, firstname.lastname@example.org; Equinix Media Contact (Asia Pacific), Annie Ho, +852 2970 7761, email@example.com; Equinix Investor Relations Contact: Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, firstname.lastname@example.org