Cloud deployments are continually on the rise within the enterprise. Yet, traditionally, enterprise customers with large database workloads have not had a viable way to migrate data and applications easily from their on-premises infrastructure into the cloud. Now, through Equinix Cloud Exchange and its API integration with FastConnect, customers can establish direct connectivity between their on-premises infrastructure and Oracle Cloud environments. This enables them to fully realize the benefits of hybrid cloud – moving application, middleware and database workloads seamlessly between on-premises and Oracle Cloud – with a reliable, low latency, production-ready experience.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Whether a customer is looking to incorporate direct connection to
Oracleas part of a broader interconnection strategy, or specifically needing to migrate data-heavy applications to the cloud, connection to Oracle Cloud inside Equinixis an ideal solution for many enterprise users. Specific examples of ideal hybrid deployments include:
- Customers looking to migrate and host complex, multi-tier solutions in the cloud while minimizing production downtime can work with
Equinixand Oracleto extend their network and communicate with the Oracle Cloud over a high-speed connection inside the Equinixdata center.
- Customers needing to perform analytics on large data sets residing in
Oracledatabases can host their Oracletechnology solutions on-premises inside Equinixand, with FastConnect on Equinix Cloud Exchange, extend their existing network directly into the Oracle Cloud, removing data size limits and providing lower latency, higher throughput and network-level security protection – all in a highly scalable solution. This is ideal for data privacy, regulatory compliance and data sovereignty scenarios.
- Customers looking to consolidate databases into Oracle Exadata Cloud Service yet have little or no capacity in their current data center can place their Oracle Exadata Cloud Service racks inside
Equinixand directly connect to Oraclecloud for high availability, disaster recovery and backup.
- Oracle Cloud delivers nearly 1,000 SaaS applications and 50 enterprise-class PaaS and IaaS services to customers in more than 195 countries around the world, and supports 55 billion transactions each day. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is also part of the fast growing sector of cloud computing. According to a recent Gartner report the highest cloud growth is expected to come from IaaS, with a growth of 38.4 percent in 2016.
Oracleand Equinixhave long-standing relationship, and Equinixwas recently recognized as Oracle World Wide Gold Level Partner in the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN). Oracle FastConnect, providing private access to Oracle Cloud on Equinix Cloud Exchange is scheduled to be available in six markets globally – Washington, D.C., Chicago, Amsterdam, London, Sydneyand others by the end of 2017.
- The Equinix Cloud Exchange is currently available in 21 markets globally –
Amsterdam, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Osaka, Paris, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Washington, D.C., and Zurich.
Charles Meyers, Chief Operating Officer, Equinix:
"As more and more enterprise CIOs deploy interconnection oriented architectures, direct connections like these are critical to their success. The ability to connect directly to
Oracleis an essential strategy for CIOs as they deploy workloads to the cloud edge, closer to users and adjacent to related cloud services. Oracle'scommon cloud architecture allows customers the choice to leverage Oraclecloud, deploy customer-owned assets inside Equinix, or enable a hybrid solution utilizing both. Offering direct connectivity to Oraclefrom Platform Equinix is another key step in helping CIOs who are seeking to capture the tremendous benefits of hybrid cloud as the IT architecture of choice. We look forward to ongoing collaborations with Oracle, bringing this solution to Equinixdata centers across the globe." Thomas Kurian, president of product development, Oracle:
"Cloud is the fastest growing part of
Oracle'sbusiness. Customers require seamless connectivity from their data centers and networks to Oracle Cloud for their most demanding workloads and applications. This relationship will help our customers leveraging the Oracle Cloud, execute on their business strategies by taking advantage of the Equinix Cloud Exchange for optimal user experience."
- Learn more about Equinix Cloud Exchange [website]
- Learn more about Oracle Cloud Infrastructure [website]
- Learn more about Oracle Cloud [website]
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) is
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/equinix-and-oracle-collaborate-to-offer-direct-access-to-oracle-cloud-infrastructure-300451712.html
Equinix Media Contacts (Americas), Sally Comollo, +1-781-366-5580, email@example.com; or Equinix Investor Relations Contacts: Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Paul Thomas, +1 (650) 598-6442, email@example.com