Studies show that enterprise customers are turning to hybrid clouds to maximize performance of business-critical applications, but are continually faced with challenges related to reliability, performance and security. In fact, in a recent survey of more than 650 global enterprise IT leaders, security, reliability and performance were listed as the top three drivers for a direct connection to the cloud. By deploying hybrid IT inside an
Highlights / Key Facts
Equinixand Datapipe customers deploying hybrid IT solutions are able to achieve the benefits of agile and elastic cloud environments while not having to compromise on the security and control offered by traditional IT environments. These multi-platform solutions are delivered through a global footprint of datacenter choices combined with Datapipe's deep expertise in architecting, deploying and managing the unique demands of managing highly available enterprise-class applications.
- The joint solution provides improved security and performance, better control, and higher throughput versus connecting to AWS via the public Internet. It provides direct bandwidth for access to AWS services and the seamless integration with dedicated IT environments, such as complex databases, to support highly available, data-intensive applications. The result is improved user Quality of Experience (QoE) and more effective migration to and adoption of the AWS cloud.
- A recent survey of more than 650 global enterprise IT leaders conducted by
Dimensional Researchand sponsored by Equinixshowed that 91 percent of global businesses planned to deploy public cloud services in the next 12 months, and 85 percent of respondents indicated that they see strong value in having direct connections to those providers. Security, reliability and performance were listed as the top three drivers for a direct connection, with 77 percent placing strong value on having a single source for colocation and interconnection.
Key use cases for the Datapipe and Equinix Hybrid IT Solution for AWS include:
- Compliant solutions – With hybrid IT, sensitive data is protected in a Datapipe-managed private cloud or physical environment within an
Equinixdata center, while public cloud compute resources can be accessed, as needed, via the AWS cloud.
- Complex database environments – Datapipe offers integrated managed solutions for end-to-end hybrid infrastructures encompassing AWS environments and Direct Connect, highly available database components housed in an
Equinixdata center, and the security and governance controls around the entire environment.
- Cloud disaster recovery – A hybrid IT model allows organizations to maintain mission-critical applications in a secure Datapipe-managed private cloud or physical environment within an
Equinixdata center while using the AWS cloud for disaster recovery services.
Chris Sharp, vice president, cloud innovation, Equinix:
"Our collaboration with Datapipe on a managed hybrid cloud solution for AWS removes many of the common barriers to cloud adoption. It offers customers the best of both worlds by providing
Equinix'ssecure data center platform, including private access to AWS, along with Datapipe's expertise in designing and managing an optimal IT architecture for enterprises." John Landy, CTO, Datapipe:
"Datapipe partners with our clients to future proof their IT, to enable innovation and growth. This joint solution with
Equinixallows us to plan, build and run secure, high performance hybrid IT solutions leveraging the AWS platform and delivering from the Equinixglobal data center network."
- Global Study Finds Enterprises Planning Widespread Deployment of Multi-Cloud IT Architectures [press release]
Equinixand Datapipe Hybrid IT Solution for AWS [datasheet]
Datapipe is the only global managed service provider to future proof IT for the enterprise. We do this by architecting, deploying and managing multi-platform hybrid IT solutions, including public, private and hybrid clouds integrated with traditional IT environments. Datapipe automates IT to support the continuous development and delivery of secure, highly available enterprise class applications. We deliver operational excellence through proven ITIL processes delivered by a global network of experienced professionals and next generation data centers in
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering
Michelle Weisz, 818-518-8846, firstname.lastname@example.org