Highlights / Key Facts
- CALLR's unique platform allows its customers to reach users in over 220 countries using its voice and messaging API. To achieve this, CALLR needs access to network service providers in key markets, as well as access to cloud service providers and enterprises.
Equinix'sglobal interconnection platform enables CALLR to tap into these business ecosystems for maximum connectivity to customers and partners across CALLR's digital supply chain.
- By collocating its IT infrastructure in
Equinix'sIBX data centers in key metros across three regions, CALLR strategically combines a physical Point of Presence (POP) and virtual cloud POPs to get closer to customers and carriers, at the network edge. These virtual POPs provide CALLR the ability to service customers in a particular geography without a full scale data center deployment or incurring overhead, to minimize cost. Today CALLR leverages virtual POPs hosted by leading cloud service providers, such as IBM Softlayer or Microsoft Azure.
- CALLR offers a combination of voice and messaging API technology with the power of AI to build smarter customer engagement capabilities and innovative IoT interactions. This enables CALLR's customers to bridge between communications and IT on a single platform, integrating voice and SMS across a virtual media gateway to automate interactions with customers in a seamless way.
- Businesses such as CALLR continue to be challenged by issues facing mobile technology regardless of the application. As these businesses expanded there is an increased need to globally interconnect with people, locations, cloud services and data to maximize performance and user experience. With 150 data centers across 41 markets,
Equinixcustomers benefit from operating on a global interconnection platform to process, store and distribute larger volumes of latency sensitive data and applications at the digital edge, closer to end-users and local markets.
- Taoufik Zagdoud, CEO, CALLR:
"CALLR has continued to grow rapidly on
Jim Poole, vice president, business development, Service Providers:
"At Equinix, companies can architect a globally consistent platform within local metros, keeping their critical data and processing capabilities as close as possible to the digital edge and end users. We continue to see companies such as CALLR come to us in one market and easily expand into new markets as their business needs change."
- The IoT Is the Next Massive, Disruptive Wave [blog]
- Enabling the Mobile Ecosystem [white paper]
- Platform Equinix Drives Business Innovation [video]
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centres and developing, deploying and delivering
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/callr-scales-into-new-markets-on-platform-equinix-300413745.html
Equinix Press Contacts, Michelle Lindeman (Americas), +1 (650) 598-6361, email@example.com, OR Liam Rose (EMEA), +44 (0) 207 618 9602, firstname.lastname@example.org, OR Equinix Investor Relations Contacts, Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, email@example.com, OR Paul Thomas, +1 (650) 598-6442, firstname.lastname@example.org