With IDC predicting that by 2017 60 percent of enterprise
BlueJeans is deploying an Interconnection Oriented Architecture (IOA)™ with
Highlights / Key Facts
- BlueJeans recently unveiled its Enterprise Video Cloud, a secure platform and extensible architecture that delivers business video communications on a global scale by uniting single-click video experiences with powerful IT management tools and a rich ecosystem of integration partners.
Equinixsupports BlueJeans' Enterprise Video Cloud by offering global Tier-1 direct peering in North America, Europe, Asiaand Australia.
- BlueJeans partnered with
Equinixas it began a push to increase its share of the enterprise market, citing universal interoperability to connect more conference rooms, people and devices as a key selling point. With approximately 1.2 billion* mobile workers worldwide, enterprises are focusing on extending the range of productivity services that can be deployed on and accessed by a diverse range of devices, whether for a one-to-one video meeting, or engagement supporting 5,000 attendees with one-click access to live, multipoint, interactive video.
- In addition to enterprise mobility, digital transformation is leading to greater integration of network infrastructures and applications as demand for cloud-powered, instant video roll-out and scalability increases. As enterprises equip themselves to provide customers and employees with more seamless "omni-experience" workflow applications, organizations can use the BlueJeans API to integrate cloud-powered video communications.
Dan Nater, vice president of operations, BlueJeans
"We're so impressed with Equinix Cloud Exchange that we've nicknamed it 'rocket fuel for BlueJeans.' The direct connections we establish through Cloud Exchange are faster, more secure and more reliable than ever before. The increased safety and speed available through Cloud Exchange versus the public Internet has us aiming to greatly accelerate deployments among global enterprises."
Bill Long, vice president of interconnection solutions, Equinix
"As global and mobile workforces grow, so will demand for simple-to-use yet integrated, secure and reliable video communications experiences like BlueJeans, which greatly facilitate internal and external collaboration. And, like BlueJeans, SaaS providers looking to differentiate their service can utilize Platform Equinix and Equinix Cloud Exchange to ensure high-performance and secure delivery of their applications on a global scale."
- Learn more about Platform Equinix [website]
- Equinix Cloud Exchange overview [website]
- Equinix Interconnected Oriented Architecture [blog post]
- Learn more about BlueJeans Enterprise Video Cloud [website]
- Equinix Cloud Exchange Provides "Rocket Fuel" for BlueJeans' Growth [blog post]
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering
International Business Exchange is a trademark of
* Source: IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Telecommunications 2016 Predictions,
**Source: Gartner Forecast Overview:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bluejeans-partners-with-equinix-for-video-communications-footprint-expansion-300257482.html
Equinix Media Contacts (Americas), Sally Comollo, +1 (781) 366-5580, email@example.com; Mindshare PR for Equinix, Wilson Craig, +1 (408) 516-6182, firstname.lastname@example.org