Highlights / Key Facts
- The Equinix Cloud Exchange is an advanced interconnection solution designed to accelerate cloud adoption and performance, enabling seamless, on-demand and direct access to multiple clouds and networks across the globe.
- The Equinix Cloud Exchange accelerates provisioning time, eases management, and opens up broader possibilities for multi-cloud deployments for Blue Box customers.
- Blue Box Cloud deployments are managed by the company's proprietary management suite, providing reliable deployment, monitoring, inventory management, metering and billing, CRM and support.
- Blue Box Cloud is powered by OpenStack and delivered on dedicated, bare-metal hardware.
- A customer since early 2013, Blue Box has expanded its presence from
Equinix's SeattleSE3 data center to also include presence in Equinix's ZurichZH4 data center. Initially, Blue Box customers will be able to access the Equinix Cloud Exchange via the SeattleSE3 data center, with plans to expand to Zurichin the future.
- The Equinix Cloud Exchange is currently available in 17 markets globally –
Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Silicon Valley, WashingtonD.C., New York, Toronto, Seattle, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, London, Paris, Amsterdamand Frankfurt– with plans to expand to 19 markets by the end of 2014.
Jim Poole, global vice president, service providers, Equinix:
"By joining the Equinix Cloud Exchange, Blue Box is able to solve the business challenges of enterprise customers that want fully-managed resources as part of a hybrid cloud solution – with the ability to interconnect to multiple cloud providers. Increasingly, cloud providers, such as Blue Box, are recognizing the many benefits associated with Cloud Exchange, including high-performance, security, reliability and access to an expanding ecosystem of network service providers and enterprises."
Ken Cavallon, vice president, partners, Blue Box:
Equinixis well known for delivering exceptional data center reliability and performance. Cloud Exchange takes this one step further by providing interconnects to the cloud environments enterprise customers trust. Partnering with Equinixon the Cloud Exchange lets us provide customers a seamless move to Blue Box Cloud's PCaaS infrastructure with fast interconnects to their existing Equinixassets and other major public clouds."
- Equinix Cloud Exchange brings New Level of Interconnection and Potential to the Cloud [blog]
Equinixto Make Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute Available through Data Centers in 16 Markets Globally [press release]
- Equinix Introduces Solution Validation Centers Available in Eight Data Centers Globally [press release]
Equinix Opens Second Seattle Data Center[press release]
About Blue Box
Blue Box, a
About Equinix Cloud Exchange
The Equinix Cloud Exchange is an advanced interconnection solution that enables seamless, on-demand and direct access to multiple clouds, across multiple networks around the globe. By combining the automated interconnection of cloud, network and managed service providers with advanced service orchestration for the first time, the Equinix Cloud Exchange provides enterprises with simple, scalable, direct access to the multiple cloud services they need to build highly flexible hybrid cloud solutions. This removes the security, performance and vendor lock-in concerns holding many organizations back from fully adopting and reaping the benefits of cloud services. For more information on the Equinix Cloud Exchange, please visit http://www.equinix.com/solutions/by-services/interconnection/exchanges/equinix-cloud-exchange/.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such
differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering
International Business Exchange is a trademark of
Equinix Media Contacts: Liam Rose, +1-650-598-6590, firstname.lastname@example.org; Gabe Taylor, Mindshare PR, +1-650-800-7156, email@example.com; Equinix Media Contact (EMEA): Rowland Harding, Text 100, +44 (0)20 8846 0718, firstname.lastname@example.org